the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Model 211HV Installed on 2004 Ford F-250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
f250owner wrote:
I hope I wasn"t really this unclear explaining this thread by your question. Apparently I was. My 2004 Ford F250 came equipped with power door locks (5 wire) from factory however without a remote keyless entry system.
The Viper Model 211Hv remote keyless entry system as explained in this thread worked perfectly to accommodate my desire for adding remote keyless entry to my Ford F250 truck. I hope I was able to have clarified your question.
Thnx for the clarification.
Does are the same as Type C - Reversing Polarity door locks right? Also, did you put a remote start on this vehicle? And if so, was a bypass needed.
f250owner 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f250owner
Below image is my 5 wire door lock plug:
Notice you'll actually have more than 5 wires (7 wires) That is ok its still referred to 5 wire. Don't ask me why
Viper Model 211HV Installed on 2004 Ford F-250 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
The above green 5 wire plug connects into power lock/unlock switch of the rest arm bezel on each side (driver & passenger doors). If you have the same green plugs connected to your switches then all in likely you have 5 wire power door locks or others rather call it Type C; take your personal pick.
The way 5 wire works I had already explained earlier in this thread but here I explain it again:
1 wire has (+)12 volts all the time, other wires are normally grounded without working the switch. One or two wires are grounded at all times. One wire is grounded normally but switches to (+)12 volts when the switch is moved to the lock position. One wire is grounded normally but switches to (+)12 volts when the switch is moved to the unlock position.
I never fooled with remote start, does nothing for me so didn't want it and coincidentally the Viper Model 211HV isn't equipped with that feature.
Thank You For Any Help & Your Valuable Time
f250owner 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f250owner
Here is a link below does a much better explanation than I ever could regarding 5 wire positive reverse polarity power door locks.
5 Wire Positive Revers Polarity Power Door Locks
f250owner 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f250owner
Viper Model 211HV Installed on 2004 Ford F-250 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I later found and marked the exampled image above to better visually represent the green plug that is connected to passenger side power lock switch in my 2004 Ford F-250. This better illustrates the 2 correct adjoined Lock/Unlock switch and Actuator Motor wires you'll need to cut before connecting your keyless remote module harness however don't cut them near the switch but rather trace these marked wires and cut them down farther and beneath the passenger side kick panel or logically near where your keyless remote module will be mounted.
Lock Wire = Pink/Black Stripe Wire
UnLock Wire = Pink/Light Red Stripe Wire
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2016 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
f250owner wrote:
I later found and marked the exampled image above to better visually represent the green plug that is connected to passenger side power lock switch in my 2004 Ford F-250. This better illustrates the 2 correct adjoined Lock/Unlock switch and Actuator Motor wires you'll need to cut before connecting your keyless remote module harness however don't cut them near the switch but rather trace these marked wires and cut them down farther and beneath the passenger side kick panel or logically near where your keyless remote module will be mounted.
Lock Wire = Pink/Black Stripe Wire
Got it. Thnx
UnLock Wire = Pink/Light Red Stripe Wire
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic