the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
The wiring looks good.
If going W2W, the ADS DL (+) Starter Input wire would be added to the Viper thick Violet (+) Starter Output wire.
The ADS DL (-) Hood Status Output wire would only provide a hood status if the TL has a factory install hood pin, typically
part of the factory alarm system.
Perhaps a bit of confusion with the Viper Engine Checking settings.
Tach Mode is running with an actual Tach signal. This signal can be hardwired from the ADS DL Tach Output or the vehicle
tach source ( F.I. or spark coil pack ). It can also come from the ADS DL via the D2D connection, with no hardwiring needed.
In Tach Mode you must still do a Tach Learn.
Virtual Tach Mode uses no Tach connection at all. It relies on vehicle voltage monitoring and an algorithm to decide on a
proper starter motor crank time. This can work OK in moderate climates but in very cold areas, Tach Mode is best.
Tach Mode will also provide "over-rev" protection and shut down a remote started engine if it starts to over-rev for some
reason. Tach Mode is mandatory with a manual transmission installation.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
thanks Kreg. i'm still planning on trying the D2D when the cable arrives. i had already typed out the W2W as a back up in case needed but i figured i might as well go ahead and post it here for future reference in case someone else needs it.
for reference though are you better off running the ADS-DL tach output wire to the FI/Coil pack, or using the vipers tach wire to the FI/coil pack? also i was unaware you could get the tach signal from the coil pack, i had only knew of getting it from the FI or the ecm.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with the ADS DL supplied Tach signal, either D2D or hardwired. It is very reliable. Running a wire out into the engine compartment can lead to issues if not does properly.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
just wanted to give an update. got everything switched out today with the new 4x06 and idatalink ads-dl. pairing the new remotes was a little bit of a pain, but once i got them paired and got the viper and idatalink programmed it remote started on the first attempt. glad to finally have everything done and working as it should. big thanks to Kreg for all the help along the way, and also smokeman for helping find a new brain and offering to test my old one. going to send the other 4x06 off to smokeman on monday for him to check out.
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic