the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
That is a decent price and you get extra remotes. Might be worth it. Might be best to go over the wiring one more time. Just
to double check everything. Kind of like proof reading with a fresh set of eyes. Just trace out each wire, it's color and where
it goes to. Write it down and compare it to the list. I have caught a few errors that way.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i'm gonna try to go back over everything again just to make sure. do you think the new brain is the best place to start, or start by trying either an idatalink or fortin module in case anything got messed up with it? i know the dball2 seems to be programming fine and locking/unlocking everything like it is supposed to.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
Would you be interested in sending the brain to me. I could check it out on the bench and send it back to you.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
yeah let me go back over everything again and if i still can't get it going then i'll take you up on that offer
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2016 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
went ahead and pulled the trigger on a viper 4x06 that smokeman1 had showed me for a good price, an idatalink ads-dl, and the idatalink ads-usb to flash it. figured i'd start back from scratch and with a module that i know i programmed myself and see what kinda results i get. plus it also didn't hurt that i was able to purchase everything for cheaper that the one factory refurbished kit that i found. so i'll definitely report back once i receive and try them. thanks again kreg357 and smokeman1.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to go D2D between the Viper and the ADS DL, flash the bypass module with the DBI-DL-HA1 flavor of firmware, not the ADS flavor. 2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved) - Page 5 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, i'm definitely going to try D2D first and see how it goes. i'll prob run all my wiring by you again before i hook everything up this time just to double check and make sure, if that's cool with you. i was going to wire everything back up the original way from the viper this time, and hopefully have better luck with it and the idatalink
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2017 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg or anybody familiar with the idatalink products. i just received my ads-dl in the mail today, when flashing it i realized it came with the 2 small connector D2D cable, and also a connector with 3 wires and only 1 connector on the end that plugs into the data port. my question is can i use the small d2d cable that came with it and clip the end and use one of my other DBI d2d cables and wire the red DBI connector to my idatalink connector so that it can plug into my viper d2d port?
kreg357 
Posted: January 04, 2017 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
PM me with your address and I'll send you an official iDatalink DBI D2D harness ( never use them ). I could ohm one out for you to make your own cable if you can't wait.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
figured i'd post up the W2W write up i did for the IDatalink ADS-DL to the viper 4x06.
the only connections i am unsure about are the Starter Input (+) - BLACK/ white, and the hood status output (-) yellow.
IDatalink ADS-DL W2W
- tach AC output (-) - PURPLE / white to #12 PURPLE / white (-) tach input 24pin viper harness   to fuel injector if virtual tach isn't working
- door/trunk status output (-) - green to #15 green (-) door input 24 pin viper harness
- starter input (+) - BLACK/ white to #5 violet (+) starter output 8pin remote start harness
- right sliding door input (-) - PURPLE / black NA
- left sliding door input (-) - purple / YELLOW NA
- disarm input (-) - brown to #14 GREEN/ black (-) 200ma factory alarm disarm output 24 pin viper harness
- trunk input (-) - RED / white to #3 RED / white (-) 200ma trunk release output 24 pin viper harness
- unlock input (-) - blue/black to #1 blue 500ma (-) unlock output   3 pin door lock connector
- lock input (-) - GREEN/ black to #3 green 500ma (-) lock output   3 pin door lock connector
- 12V (+) - red to #4 red (+) 12vdc constant input   8 pin remote start harness
- ground - black to #H/2 black (-) chassis ground
- gwr input (-) - blue/white to #2 blue/white (-) 200ma 2nd status/red defogger output 24 pin viper harness
- ignition input (+) - pink to Pin #6 immobilizer harness
- door lock data - orange to Pin #4 canbus
- key data - ORANGE / black to Pin #2 immobilizer harness
- hood status output (-) - yellow to ??? #9 gray???
- security light output - WHITE/ red to Pin #5 immobilizer harness - car side
- security light input - WHITE/ black to Pin #5 immobilizer harness - harness side
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic