the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Ram 1500, remote start wiring trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2ndgen4x4 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2017 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2ndgen4x4
Hi,
New to the forum. I am installing the Viper 5806v into my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500.
I have been mapping out the wires and ran into some trouble:
Based on this guide: https://pdf.ampire.de/viper/QRN5X06%202013-08%20web.pdf
Which of the "10-pin heavy gauge" remote start wires connects to the 12v constant feed at the ignition switch harness? I though that the #5 wire "red - fused 12v ignition 1 input" should connect to the 12v constant.
When I read this: http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N5702V_2008_08web.pdf
I feel like the #5 "red" wire should be connected to the same as #10 "pink", but then none of the "heavy gauge" remote start wires are connected to the 12v constant feed
I also had #2 "RED / black" wire hooked up to the same wire as the #2 "pink" wire. Is this correct?
---One more question: I was planning on soldering all of these connections, but after holding the iron to one side of the twisted wires and the solder on the other side for 2 minutes and not getting any melting I am thinking about just wrapping with electrical tape and securing tightly with zip ties. How does this sound?
I tried with 2 different soldering irons and got the same result- nothing. I have had two remote starts installed by actual "installers" before and they definitely did not solder anything. Those connections are still holding up. Also, the Bulldog remote start installation video does not inform to solder, just twist, wrap, and zip tie. -- this is probably what I will wind up doing, especially since I am not buying another soldering iron.
Alright, sorry for the rant 2001 Ram 1500, remote start wiring trouble -- posted image. and Thanks for your help!!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2017 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
The red, RED / white, and the RED / black all connect to a 12 volt constant source. As well as the H1, Red from the main harness. These supply the input voltage for the Viper system.
The Pink, Orange, Violet, Pink/White are the output voltage for your ignition harness.
Pink is usually listed as Input/Output, don't be confused by that. It sees 12 volts input when the key is turned on to set programming features or remote pairing. Do not connect it to a 12 volt constant.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2017 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
DO NOT just wrap the wires together and tape them, (or poke a hole, stick the other wire thru and wrap it either), or you'll eventually have problems.
You obviously don't have a soldering gun that works, soldering a joint with a gun takes 10-15 seconds. You create a new molecular bond that will last forever, why not do it that way. Then the only weak point in your install is the equipment. If you use good product you'll have a solid installation that will work forever.
2ndgen4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2017 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2ndgen4x4
Alright super-thanks for the info. I will let you know when I finish it up. I will give soldering a shot with the Weller 550.
2ndgen4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2ndgen4x4
Alright I soldered them up, that remote start harness is finished.
Didn't get to finish the main harness, still working on that, then I have to do the accessory harness. I will tell you how it works when I finish and what wires I connected to what (color, location, etc.).
2ndgen4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2ndgen4x4
OK. Finished it all up the other day and works like a charm. Just wiring the power door lock actuators&relays now!
terrorbytefx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2017 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote terrorbytefx
How did you connect the the PARKING LIGHTS, (-) or (+)? This is the last thing I have to do.
-TerrorByteFX
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2017 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
terrorbytefx wrote:
How did you connect the the PARKING LIGHTS, (-) or (+)? This is the last thing I have to do.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 2001 / Keyless Entry
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      red and pink/black       +       ignition harness
Starter      yellow       +       ignition harness
Ignition      dk. blue       +       ignition harness
Power Lock      ORANGE / purple       5wi      driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Power Unlock      pink/purple       5wi      driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Lock Motor      ORANGE / black             driver door harness
Unlock Motor      pink/black             driver door harness
Parking Lights+      BLACK / YELLOW             headlight switch
Parking Lights-   
Hazards   
Turn Signal(L)   
Turn Signal(R)   
Door Trigger      yellow       -       headlight switch or DKP
Notes: To avoid dome delay, use tan for the drivers door and BLACK/ lt. blue for the passenger door. Both wires are located at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision      use door trigger             
Trunk/Hatch Release   
Power Sliding Door   
Factory Alarm Arm      lt. GREEN/ orange       -       driver door harness
Notes: Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger through a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Factory Alarm Disarm      same wire             
Disarm No Unlock   
Horn Trigger      BLACK/ red       -       steering column
Memory Seat 1   
Memory Seat 2   
Memory Seat 3   
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
No      Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available
lowasstrukk 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lowasstrukk
I am having issues figuring out wires codes for a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi quad cab please help viper alarm
alan dement

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic