the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 VW GTI - Avital 4115L w/ Dball2 Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
guffaw 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
Hello all,
I have a 2016 GTI manual with PTS. I installed an Avital 4115L and Dball2 in and everything works but the engine won't turn over. The starter turns on for a split second then cuts off, it just doesn't give it enough time to start. I have put it in virtual tach with no luck, voltage mode with a 1.6 second crank time and it still only engages the starter for a split second, I've even turned all engine checking off with a crank time of 1.6 seconds and it does the same thing, only turns for a split second.
Something I noticed is that when the remote starter is hooked up, if you just quicky press and release the starter button in the car, it does the same thing, the starter runs for a split second and then cuts off, you have to hold the button down for the engine to start Now, if I disconnect the remote start, a single press of the starter button in the car starts the engine, you don't have to hold the button down. Do I need to install a diode? The dball2 has two wires going to the push to start button, both are negative. Or should I try to run a relay to simulate the button being pressed longer? Anything else I may be overlooking? I attached the wiring diagram for the dball2.
Also, I seem to be having an issue where I can't use the control button to change the settings of the Avital in this car. I turn the igniittion. on and off (push the pts button twice) but holding the control button within the five seconds after never starts the led blinking sequence to change the settings. What I have been doing is removing the Avital system and putting it in another car that's already wired up for it, changing the settings through that car, then installing the Avital system back into the 2016 GTI, anyone have any idea what could be causing that?
Thank you guys so much!
[IMG]https://flic.kr/p/PLRkdz[/IMG]
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2017 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
Just wanted to mention that I have bypassed the clutch already and the immobilizer has been bypassed through the dball2 properly as well, I know neither of them are causing the issue. On occasion it does work but very rarely. This is what leads me to believe it has to do with the pts button in the car needing to be held, because with the remote start hooked up, one in maybe every 20 tries the car will start from just briefly pressing the button instead of holding it.
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how is your keywrap?
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
silvercivicsir wrote:
how is your keywrap?
The keywrap is good, I've confirmed this by trying to remote start with a working key in the car. It's a keyless system, but with or without a working key in the car does not change anything. Thank you for the suggestion though!
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
are the brake lights coming on when it attempts to remote start?
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2017 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
silvercivicsir wrote:
are the brake lights coming on when it attempts to remote start?
Yes the brake lights come on. I still can't figure this out 2016 VW GTI - Avital 4115L w/ Dball2 Issue -- posted image.
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2017 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
I just found out that if I try to use the remote start while the engine is already running to activate the feature to keep the car running even when the key is removed, the vehicle shuts off. So the car is running, I press the remote start button, hear the relay or whatever it is inside the remote start unit click, then a second or two later the car shuts off, even if I don't remove the key from the car or anything. could this be an issue with the key wrap?
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2017 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
my money is still on the key wrap.. did you use the ORANGE / red, Yellow/red and BROWN / red on the dball? and cut into the IMMO wire?
guffaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote guffaw
silvercivicsir wrote:
my money is still on the key wrap.. did you use the ORANGE / red, Yellow/red and BROWN / red on the dball? and cut into the IMMO wire?
I don't remember the colors of the wires but yes, I used three wires, interrupted the connection of one of the oem wires and put the key wrap there. What makes me think it doesn't have to do with the key wrap is that even if the good, nonkey wrap key is placed on the immobilozer, it still acts the same. Also the car goes through the whole remote start process three times, it tries to start, fails, then tries two more times then shuts off.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic