the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Infiniti G35 Remote-Start Disarm Issues (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brandon1767 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I am having an issue installing a remote start in a 2008 Infiniti G35. I am using a DBALL2 bypass and Crimestopper RS2-G3 remote start. This is a D2D installation.
If I leave the car unlocked, it starts perfectly fine. When I shut the car off with the remote-start remote, then lock it using the OEM remote, then remote-start again without going into the car, it works perfectly fine.
The problem arises when driving the car and starting it normally. I get into the car, start it with the PTS button and drive off. I then lock the car and attempt to remote start it. It will start, but then shut off instantly. The starter will then try to restart 2 more times. Sometimes it will start the second try, third try, or not at all. My guess, is that this has to do with the alarm as the bypass needs to pulse the ignition on and off quickly before it remote starts (to disarm alarm), but I think my remote starter does not give enough time for this to happen?
Here are the links to the manuals:
2008 G35 AT PTS (DBALL2):
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/documents/dball-dball2-niss3ht_en_ig_nf20150806a.pdf
Crimestopper RS2-G3 Manual:
http://www.crimestopper.com/cstech/library/security/security_systems/remote_start/rs2-g3_installation_guide_07-25-2014.pdf
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Brandon
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Did you turn on feature number 9 on page 15? by default its turned off.
9 Unlock before remote start to disarm OEM alarm) OFF ON
brandon1767 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply,
I have been letting the bypass handle arm/disarm not the remote starter. If you take a look at page 14 on the Dball manual I linked above, I have set option 3 to enabled and also tried Safelock.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
3. DOOR LOCKS:
This option sets how the door lock circuit works. There are 4 choices:
1. 0.5 Second Lock and Unlock – Default.
2. 3 Second Lock and Unlock - For older European vehicles that require a long lock and unlock pulse to operate
Vacuum door lock systems.
3. Double Unlock – This feature may be required to interface with a factory alarm or keyless entry system. The
first pulse disarms the factory alarm; the 2nd pulse unlocks the doors.
4. “Wake Up” pulse on Unlock - 0.5 second unlock pulse along with Ignition, Accessory, Disarm and (-) RUN to
wake up a BCM. This feature is required on new vehicles that disarm the factory alarm by turning on the
ignition key.
Not sure what option 3 has to do with the OEM alarm not disarming during RS. Looks like that disarms the OEM alarm when unlocking the doors... If you set the bypass to unlock before RS and to lock after RS that should solve your problem.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Wrong manual lol
brandon1767 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ya was just going to say. I meant the DBALL2 manual not the remote start one.
Anyways, something that may help:
I was reading on a different post that the DBALL turns the ignition on and off once to disarm the OEM alarm. My thought is that my remote starter sends the start command BEFORE the DBALL has time to cycle the ignition. I guess my question would be: Does the Crimestopper send the "unlock/disarm before remote start" command and WAIT until the DBALL has completed it before moving on to activating the STARTER?
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
When possible, Smart OEM Alarm Control will
monitor the alarm and door lock status to detect if the disarm or rearm is required. If the vehicle is
unlocked or is not equipped with factory alarm, the disarm/rearm will not be executed.
From what little I have read, if the OEM is disarmed then the DBALL with not execute the disarmed command. I would try option 9 (CS manual) and see if that solves the problem.
brandon1767 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I tried setting the "unlock/disarm on start", now I get something different.
The ignition pulses like it should and the alarm disarms. The DBALL2 then receives the start signal from the remote start (confirmed by the rapidly flashing green LED), but the vehicle then displays "No Key" on the dash LCD and no start is initiated.
When I do the exact same process, but unlock the car, it starts right up.
All of this testing is done when the key is not in range of the vehicle and the car is given time to arm the alarm.
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure on that one. If option 9 is being used then that should unlock-disarm the factory alarm right before RS. There shouldn't be any difference doing it manually or by utilizing option 9 and the CS unlocking-disarming the OEM alarm. If it were me I would reset my dball2 and reprogram it.
brandon1767 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
I guess my next step will be trying to hook up the key lock as that disarms the alarm. If anyone is wondering it's at the Window Switch, Yellow wire. (Double pulse -)
Thanks again for all your help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic