the12volt.com spacer
icon

XK 09 autolight off, 2006 Nissan Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Hello, need some help/advice with an install I'm currently working on, vehicle is a 2006 Nissan Altima, 3.5 V6 auto....rs is a Code Alarm 5354 with an XK09 (Niss2 firmware) bypass module, wired D2D. XK09 install guide shows auto headlamp shutoff wire coming from one of the 4 pin plugs on module to pin 33 (GREEN/ YELLOW wire) of BCM. My problem is that pin 33, by install guides' diagram, holds a blue/white wire! There is a GREEN/ YELLOW next to it....but that would be pin 32. Any input on how to test for this, or different approach to auto lights off, much appreciated! Thank you......Al
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
It is common for manufacturers to change wire color if they don't have enough of a given color of wire. That is why it is important to test everything during installation.
Pin 33 will be on the bottom row of the 40 pin white connector, 13 positions from the right on the wire side of the connector.
The auto light wire will test as ground for any position other than "AUTO".
Using a DVM, place one lead on 12V, the other on pin 33. cycle your light switch--If the pin 33 is grounded, the meter will read 12V.
Lectric Guy
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Appreciate the quick answer lectricguy.....will have a go at it this morning! Al
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Still stuck on this if anyone can shed some more light on it. As lectricguy instructed above, checked pin 33 (blue/white wire in my case) and doesn't show ground in any light switch position, nor does the wire next to it (GREEN/ YELLOW...supposed correct color). Checked on Idata link and Fortin instructions for this vehicle, and they show pin 33 as being 13th pin from the "left" bottom row on the BCM 40 pin connector....this wire is the correct (GREEN/ YELLOW) color, but tests at ground in all positions (auto, park and headlight). Not sure where to go from here, do I just start testing all wires on this connector? Thanks again, Al
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Could I also achieve this by negative pulsing drivers door pin when remote start shuts down? Al
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2017 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Still looking for any input on this....anyone? Al
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specs
Still looking to get some help with this if possible....back at it today, after not being able to get a few things to work properly through data (namely trunk and parking lights). Ended up switching over to w2w, trunk and parking lights working fine....but now it won't remote start unless I have a key in the ignition! Checked 12v, ground and GWR to XK09 and all test fine. Tried re-setting, and re-flashing module...all to no avail. Odd thing is, if I disconnect power, ground and gwr to XK09 and re-connect DBI d2d cable....starts and runs fine. What am I missing here, has to be something simple that is preventing module from doing it's bypass under w2w.....any help much appreciated! Al

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic