the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 H2 - Alarm I think. Identify (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tymetraveler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just bought this 2004 H2 Hummer. The lady i bought it from said in order to start the truck you need to do the following
Insert the Key
Turn to ON so cluster and lights come on
Press and hold DOOR LOCK and turn key to start at same time to start
Do this wrong and the horn blows when you turn the key.
Has anyone heard of this type of alarm or disabler ect?? and if so please let me know how to bypass this as it is NOT letting me start the truck now. Any help is appreciated 100%
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds very similar to something I created for a member on here using just relays and possibly a flasher not shown in my diagram here: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram14.html.
Regardless, look under the dash for wires going to the ignition switch separate from the factory harness and follow them and let us know what you find.
2004 H2 - Alarm I think. Identify (resolved) - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
tymetraveler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Well took the truck to my guy that has been working on these stuff for years and the12volt you were right.. It is a series of relays. See picture attached. Very simple yet effective for sure. can be hooked up to ANY switch and the light was just hooked in, in such a way that it blinked when the car was off and turned off when the car was running.. I figure the problem was with a relay going bad.. This sucker was hidden really well too. Anyone else ever seen this.. It's a DISABLER for sure.
Keep in mind with this setup I had to : Turn on the key, Hold down the DOOR LOCK switch and then turn the key to start to make the car start. IF you did this wrong.. the HORN would blow.
2004 H2 - Alarm I think. Identify (resolved) - Last Post -- posted image.
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Good deal! Happy you got it resolved.
2004 H2 - Alarm I think. Identify (resolved) - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
How did the (resolved) get in the subject?
the12volt 
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
An administrator added it. We'll start adding more when we see the OP reply it is resolved.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic