the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Suburban Remote Start Stalls Immediately

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blterry1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
I've looked everywhere to try and figure this out, but I'm still stumped. If anyone can help me, it looks like it'll be this forum. I've been using this pictorial among other information to install:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
I'm installing an Avital 4103 RS system with an iDataLink ADS-DLSL-GM1+ bypass module in D2D mode on a 2005 Suburban. Here is what I have connected right now.
RS:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N4103_2008-07_web.pdf
Red (12V Input) to RED / White (12V)
Red (12V Input) to Red (12V)
Pink (Ignition Output to Pink (Ignition 1)
Purple (Output to Starter) to Yellow (Starter)
Orange (Output to Accessory) to Orange (Accessory 1)
Pink/White (Programmable Output For Accessory or Ignition) to White (Ignition 2)
Black to Ground
Also, brake, horn, and parking lights, which have all tested to be good.
*Neutral safety switch is also installed as well as the hood pin. Yes, the hood pin is fully engaged when attempting remote starts.
Bypass Module:
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM1/ADS-DLSL-GM1+_20111004.pdf
Green (Ignition Input) to RS Yellow (Ignition Out)
PURPLE / White (Data) to Violet at OBDII Port
I am positive that all connections are solid. I have soldered each of them. I'm no expert, but they are definitely connected.
When I try to remote start, it will crank successfully and immediately die. I'm assuming this is some kind of issue with the bypass module and the Passlock 2 system, but I can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong. It will remote start and continue to run when the key is in and in the run position. Also, when I went to program the module, I successfully put it into D2D mode, then turned my key to the run position, but the light on the bypass module never indicated that the module had been programmed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!2005 Suburban Remote Start Stalls Immediately - Last Post -- posted image.2005 Suburban Remote Start Stalls Immediately - Last Post -- posted image.
blterry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
Also, I forgot to add in the original post, the airbag warning light is on. I had heard that any engine codes will disable remote starting. Could that be the issue? I'll be replacing the impact sensor in a couple of days either way, but I'm just curious if this could be the cause of my problems.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your wiring is probably fine and you are correct in thinking you have a Passlock2 bypass issue.
I might have some bad news for you. If you are using the ADS-DLSL-GM1+ bypass module that comes in an orange box that
is part of the SOLO series, it will not do the necessary DBI D2D in Data Mode required with a Viper R/S. It will only
communicate in the native ADS D2D protocol. If you are using an ADS DL or ADS AL-CA bypass module and flashed the
DBI-DL-GM1 or DBI-AL(DL)-GM1, then you should be OK going D2D with the Viper R/S.
All is not lost if you do have the orange box SOLO series ADS-DLSL-GM1+ module. You can do a Factory Reset on it, select
& lock in Standard Mode and change over to W2W wiring between the Viper and the bypass module. More soldering and bench prep
but done properly a more reliable install.
Soldering is fun!
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
blterry1 wrote:
Green (Ignition Input) to RS Yellow (Ignition Out)
PURPLE / White (Data) to Violet at OBDII Port
The green wire from the ADS module should be connected to the remote starter's pink ignition output, NOT the yellow wire labeled "ignition output" in the Avital manual.
Also, when programming the module, you need to start the vehicle, not just turn the key to "run".
blterry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
Thanks for the quick responses!
I was under the impression that D2D would work with a ADS-HRN-DBI data cable. I forgot to put that in the original post also. But I don't mind going W2W at all if that will work. I just wanted to be lazy and that's what I get I suppose haha
blterry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
I'm going to try swapping to the proper ignition output first and see if that does the trick. I just have to go grab some more solder before I can finish the job.
So just to clarify, it should be connected to the same pink ignition wire that the pink ignition out from the remote starter is connected to, correct?
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
So just to clarify, it should be connected to the same pink ignition wire that the pink ignition out from the remote starter is connected to, correct?[/QUOTE]
Correct.
blterry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
Ok, so I got the Green from the bypass module wired to the Pink Ignition wire at the steering column, and I was finally able to program the module when turning the key on.
Then, I put the module into W2W mode and reprogrammed it, but it is still stalling out right after cranking. These are the wires that I have connected in order to use W2W mode:
Bypass:
Blue/White (GWR Input) to RS Orange (Ground When Locked/Anti-Grind Output)
Black to Ground
Red to 12V
GREEN/ Black (Lock/Arm) to RS Green (Lock)
Blue/Black (Unlock/Disarm) to RS Blue (Unlock)
Brown (Disarm Only) to RS Light GREEN/ Black (Factory Alarm Disarm)
BLACK/ White (Tach Output) to RS Violet/White (Tach Input)
Green (Ignition Input) to Steering Column Pink (Ignition)
Violet/White (Data) to OBD2 Port
It will still start and stay running with the key in it, so I'm guessing I must have wired something up wrong with the bypass module, but I can't figure out what it is.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
idatalink blue/white should be hooked to GWR from the viper's Blue wire "status out"
blterry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blterry1
Yes! Thank you so much to everyone for their amazing advice. It is finally working perfectly. I couldn't have done it without you all and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic