the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wierd electrical problem affecting stereo.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skid65 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skid65
Current problem is when I'm driving and hit the brake or use indicators my stereo dims as though I have turned on the headlights. weird thing is some ties it does it for the duration of the trip, other times it will do it for a few seconds the stereo back to normal, its causing me grief with my reversion camera, I have owned this truck for less than a month, and am finding things like this out every day, I've tried to earth the rear indicators and tail lights and brake lights with diodes which made no difference, its as though when I use the indicators etc it is finding earth though my stereo.. Haven't tried running the camera off the wires for my trailer plug yet as the previous owner ripped and mangled the wiring when 4wding.. I have checked and made sure no of the wires for the trailer plug are shorting. Have run an earth from battery to engine, have run an earth from battery to body from battery, have run an earth from the head unit to body, and it still does the same thing, but it is so wierd, when I finished the earths I turned the unit on and as soon ats the dash lights lit up it interfered with the stereo as though it was trying to power up the reversing camera, same deal with indicators, hit brake or using indicators does the same.... Then I turned the key to light up all the dash lights a second time and it did not interfere with anything,
Any ideas and suggestions appreciated..
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
skid65 wrote:
<snip> the wires for my trailer plug yet as the previous owner ripped and mangled the wiring when 4wding....
I believe you either have an issue here, or with the dimming circuit at the radio plug. Is there an orange or ORANGE / white connected to anything?
I am still leaning towards the mangled wires. With electrical problems like these it is best to fix every issue you can find, because anything can cause anything. Wierd electrical problem affecting stereo. - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic