the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

No Cranking Viper 5806v and Fortin EVO-ALL (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
denali09 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I am having a little difficulty in getting the remote start to work between the viper and the Evoall.All day I have configured settings such as changing the transmission mode to automatic, and turning the Tach sense off but still no start.On pressing the remote start button the ignition is turned on after about 30-35 seconds but it will never crank and end up failing.I have read both the manual for the EVOALL and the Viper Module.If anyone has any advice that would be great,Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Need more info.
Vehicle make and model.
Firmware flashed on to EVO-ALL.
D2D or W2W.
If D2D was EVO-ALL option F3 set to ON?
Soldering is fun!
denali09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry the other half of my message got cut off
Vehicle:2009 GMC Yukon
Wired D2D
Here is the firmware info and the options that were selected https://fortin.ca/support/001a06683338/
Cheers
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  
Did you connect the thick Viper Red and RED / Black to +12V constant?
Did you hardwire the EVO-ALL A-1 Yellow wire to the Viper Thick Pink IGN1 wire?
Soldering is fun!
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Does it try to start? Meaning does the ignition come one? Did you change the protocol in the EVO-ALL to dbi?
denali09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the reply's guys.
kreg357
No I do not have the red and the RED / black connected.I figured those were for if you were directly connected to the ignition system without a bypass.On the 5 pin harness there is a constant 12V so I figured that was the only constant to be connnected.I however have connected the pink ignition wire to the yellow on the harness.Which it turns the ignition itself on.
brownsfan1
I am getting ignition turning on but no crank
Turned the settings to D2D protocol
kreg357 
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
OK. I'm following the Fortin Guide #59121. It looks like the Vipers' IGN1 and ACC (+) outputs are to be connected to Yukon's
ignition connector as shown in the diagram. These two Viper outputs get their input power from the thick Red and RED / Black
fused wires. So, I would connect all those Viper fused (+) 12V input wires to a (+) 12V battery source. The bypass module
only does so much, the Viper still has a big part to play in this install.
Soldering is fun!
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Are you getting"service theft deterrent system" on the info center?
denali09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
So I connected up the ACC Wire to the same wire as the pink ignition wire but nothing. Ive connected both the red and black to 12 volt constant but I am still getting only ignition from the starter.Remote start with the factory remote works though.I assume this is a data problem because even with the ignition wire and the acc not connecting, the vehicle still goes partly into ignition.Ive Read the manual for about 2 hours and my setup is exactly like the diagrams...
denali09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
I was wrong.After connecting up those wires.I tried to learn the tach and for the first time the parking lights flashed after learning.Press the button on the remote and it started!.Thanks so much, Almost ripped my hair out!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic