the12volt.com spacer
icon

Having an issue with LED light bar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
njppb87 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote njppb87
Hello well this is my first post on here. I installed a led light bar on my truck a few months ago. It came with a wiring harness with a relay and a toggle switch. I followed the directions with the assistance of my friend who works on truck electrical. I don't know much if not anything about wiring but this was pretty simple, and the directions were very straight forward and easy to follow. The led light bar work for a few months with no issues. I was recently contacted by an LED company and they wanted to give me an upgraded light bar. So I unplugged the light bar that was installed on my truck and plugged in the new one. I mounted it to the same mount as the old one. The new LED bar was working great until I tried to adjust the light bar down while it was turned on. I went to move the light bar down and a spark came from one of the mounting brackets and the light bar turned off. I checked the fuse on the wirring harness and it was blown. I disconnected everything and left it alone until I got some insight into what might be wrong. I was hoping that I could find some insight on here to why the light bar mount sparked when I went to adjust it? I am going to redo the connections on the light bar and try again. But any information that I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Dave

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic