the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Subaru Legacy, CompuStar CS-800, ADS-AL-CA

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redbull304 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
Hello everyone!
I'm having problems installing the remote start in my 2006 Subaru Legacy.
I have a Compustar CS-800 and iDataLink ADS-AL-CA
Remote start works, but makes my check engine light and cruise control light come on...
Error code is p0691 which is Fan 1 circuit low.
If I remote start, I have no A/C or heat unless i put the key in the ignition and turn is 2 clicks to the run position.... then my heater or A/C will work.
If I start my car normally with key, my A/C and heat works great.
ADS-AL-CA Wires Used:
white black - immo data bcm side
white red - immo data ecu side
brown red - canh
brown yellow - canl
orange black - immo data ecu side
orange - keysense
pink - ignition positive input
blue red - security light connector side
blue yellow - security light vehicle side
Remote Start wires used:
white - 12 v output acc
green - 12 v output ignition
yellow - 12 v output starter
red - 12 v constant
red white - 12 v constant (starter,acc)
green white - positive power to parking lights
black - ground
Light blue white - positive foot brake input
white - neg horn output
blue - neg unlock output
blue black - neg lock output
Does anyone know bow to fix this? I can post exactly where my wires go aND hookup tomorrow. It's dark and raining outside now!
Thanks in advance!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Sounds like you're missing an ingition or acc wire
IGNITION 1     GREEN (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
IGNITION 2     BLUE (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1     YELLOW (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
redbull304 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
ok.. on the remote starter compustar cm-800
I have red wire, 12 v constant hooked to white wire on 6 pin ignition plug
green white, power to parking light, hooked to orange wire on parking light switch connecrore
red white wire, 12 v constant (starter,acc), also going to the white wire on 6 pin ignition plug.
white wire, output to acc, hooked to yellow wire on 6 pin ignition plug
blue wire, not hooked up
yellow wire, output to starter, hooked to white black wire on 6 pin ignition plug
green wire, output to ignition, hooked to green wire on 6 pin ignition plug
black wire... ground...
the wire color printout from firstechdata says....
12 v constant - white - 6 pin ignition plug
starter - white black - 6 pin ignition plug
ignition - green - 6 pin ignition plug
2nd ignition - blue - 6 pin ignition plug
accessory - yellow - 6 pin ignition plug
redbull304 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V positive (+) power input. This wire must be connected. The proper vehicle wire will test (+) 12V at all times - while the key is in the off position, the on position and during crank.
Pin 2    GREEN / WHITE – This is the positive (+) parking light wire that triggers when you lock and unlock the doors and remote start the vehicle.
Pin 3    RED / White - Constant 12V positive (+) power input. This wire must be connected. The proper vehicle wire will test (+) 12V at all times - while the key is in the off position, the on position and during crank.
Pin 4    White - Accessory 12V positive (+) output. This wire must be connected to the vehicle accessory / HVAC blower motor wire. The proper wire will test 0V with the key in the off position, (+) 12V while key is in the on position, 0V while cranking and back to (+) 12V when the key is returned to the on position. .
Pin 5    Blue - Positive 12V (+) output that powers up during remote start. The behavior of this wire is selectable by a jumper inside the control module. By default this wire powers up as a 2nd Ignition trigger. It is changeable to a 2nd Starter or 2nd Accessory.
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+) output. This wire must be connected for remote start. The proper wire will test 0V with the key in the off position, 0V while the key is in the on position and (+) 12V during crank.
Pin 7 Green – Ignition 12V positive (+) output and input. This wire must be connected to the vehicles’ ignition for remote start and valet / remote programming. The proper wire will test 0V with the key in the off position, 12 V (+) while the key is in the on position and 12V (+) during crank.
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input. This wire must be connected to the vehicle’s ground.
redbull304 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
chev104275 wrote:
Sounds like you're missing an ingition or acc wire
IGNITION 1     GREEN (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
IGNITION 2     BLUE (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1     YELLOW (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
My white wire coming off of the cm-800 (output to acc) is connected to the yellow wire on the IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Still no heat... or AC... and making my check engine light come on!
I'm confused?
I didn't use the blue IGNITION 2 on the IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS... or the Blue wire coming off the cm-800. My jumper on the cm-800 is set to IG1
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
I would hookup the 2nd ignition wire. I know on my Silverado if you do not connect both ignition wires it will turn on the check engine light.
Ignition           green+       ignition harness
Second Ignition    blue+        ignition harness
redbull304 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
what do you mean hook it up? How would I do that?
hook up the Blue (selectable by jumper) wire coming from the cm-800 to the 2nd ignition blue wire on the ignition harness plug? and would I have to do anything with the jumper on the cm-800?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
The blue would go to the blue in the car the jumper should be set factory to ingition
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
redbull304 wrote:
what do you mean hook it up? How would I do that?
hook up the Blue (selectable by jumper) wire coming from the cm-800 to the 2nd ignition blue wire on the ignition harness plug? and would I have to do anything with the jumper on the cm-800?
Connect the wires together!! 2006 Subaru Legacy, CompuStar CS-800, ADS-AL-CA -- posted image.
The cm-800 blue wire would "connect" to the blue car ignition wire. The jumper should be set to ignition.
redbull304 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redbull304
chev104275 wrote:
The blue would go to the blue in the car the jumper should be set factory to ingition
That fixed it!
Thank you chev104275
now I have to figure out the trunk release from compustar remote... and make sure my factory alarm is working properly!
I don't have the disarm wires hooked up and I also think the factory alarm is disabled on my car right now. I just recently bought the car so I need to research it a little more.
Thanks again....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic