the12volt.com spacer
icon

Code Alarm CA6551SST issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ebcustoms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2017 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebcustoms
I installed a Code Alarm CA6551SST remote start/alarm in a 2007 Ford F-150 with a Flash Logic FLCAN bypass. First issue: When the alarm is armed then disarmed, the vehicle will not start with the key unless a remote start is initiated, then stopped. The bypass has a blinking green light after a disarm and makes a fast clicking noise when the key is turned in the ignition. I'm using the DBI port with the proper KLON firmware. Remote start works fine otherwise as does a key start (as long as the system is not armed/disarmed). Second issue is the dome lights. It is my understanding that if the dome light comes on/off with the factory fob, that 'dome light supervision' is not necessary. Well, the dome light does not activate with the CA remote locking/unlocking the doors. I've tried the Aux 1 wire programmed to 'dome light' with the same results. If it matters, the vehicle has auto lights where the headlights will also turn on with the domes at night.
ebcustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebcustoms
Update with the starting issue...I spent some time on the phone with with CA tech support to no avail. He was trying to blame the starter kill relay, even though I had completely bypassed it. I've double and triple checked the wiring and narrowed it down to the blue wire in the DBI harness. It is either the TX or RX wire, not sure, but when this wire is cut the module will not double flash green (like when running RS) when the unlock button is pressed. I'm going to try a relay triggered by the door unlock wire to momentarily disrupt this blue DBI wire and see if that does the trick...
As far as the dome lights, I haven't tacked that issue as of yet.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
I would not use DBI, and just use w2w, power, ground, and GWR and reprogram the bypass to hardwire mode. I assume you used the car's ignition wire, and not the pats ignition?
ebcustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebcustoms
Thanks for the reply. So you think it's a DBI issue then? (where I'm leaning)...Yes, car's ignition for power, not from pats. I can't use W2W as this model CA doesn't have GWR output.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
never used a code alarm before, but i am guessing the blue/black ign3/active output would be your GWR
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
The blue/black Ign3 is a GWR output. The Lt GREEN/ Black factory disarm can be programmed as "Start Status" to also provide a GWR output. Go W2W.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic