the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 silverado remote starter issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
solid steel 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solid steel
alright installed a prostart 3 in 1 starter along with a db-all bypass.. occsasionally when remote started it wont shut off the security light, give power to heater (only dash lights no fan power) and sets off some communication codes.. when watching the db-all will not have a light on at all unlike when it normally has a flashing green.. i am using d2d method
my understanding is that the IGN 2 is not being powered up properly by running it through a 5th relay that is using the ground out when running wire off the starter box and the green 5th relay wire set to ign 2 pin...
im thinking either the ground out when running wire just isnt catching it fast enough or the green 5th relay isnt.. causing the truck to be started before the obd connector where the bypass is wired to isnt powering up along with the heater (i cant say if the blower motor isnt getting power but forsure the screen with the stick figure and fan speed diagrams isnt lighting up nor can i turn on my heated seats..as for codes it sets they are bcm? communication codes for not getting power)
can somone tell me a fix ive tried another db all 2 box and reflashed both of them many times.. im planing in scraping the 5th relay and just puting a replay on the ignition 1 wire off the box to send power to ignition 1 and 2 on the truck.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2017 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
can you tell me what wires you have connected? I have an 06 Silverado and I know when I did mine i used a relay for my 2nd accessory wire. also the white ignition wire has to be powered up during remote start or you will have a check engine light come on and may have transmission problems.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2017 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
solid steel wrote:
alright installed a prostart 3 in 1 starter along with a db-all bypass.. occsasionally when remote started it wont shut off the security light, give power to heater (only dash lights no fan power) and sets off some communication codes.. when watching the db-all will not have a light on at all unlike when it normally has a flashing green.. i am using d2d method
my understanding is that the IGN 2 is not being powered up properly by running it through a 5th relay that is using the ground out when running wire off the starter box and the green 5th relay wire set to ign 2 pin...
im thinking either the ground out when running wire just isnt catching it fast enough or the green 5th relay isnt.. causing the truck to be started before the obd connector where the bypass is wired to isnt powering up along with the heater (i cant say if the blower motor isnt getting power but forsure the screen with the stick figure and fan speed diagrams isnt lighting up nor can i turn on my heated seats..as for codes it sets they are bcm? communication codes for not getting power)
can somone tell me a fix ive tried another db all 2 box and reflashed both of them many times.. im planing in scraping the 5th relay and just puting a replay on the ignition 1 wire off the box to send power to ignition 1 and 2 on the truck.
Make sure the jumper is set for ignition 2. if it were me I would use the 5th relay for my accessory 2 (set the jumper) and use a separate relay for ignition 2... See below
Powering multiple wires from one source safely
Example: Powering a second ignition
Problem: You need to power multiple ignition wires to remote start the vehicle, but your module only has one
ignition output available.
Solution: You will need to add a second ignition relay to power the second-ignition wire. (Jumping ignition 1 to
ignition 2 is never recommended ⎯Always use a relay. The vehicle circuits are isolated for a reason; the
wiring of the remote star module should reflect this.)
The Relay Connections
85: Connects in parallel to the ignition 1 output from the remote start module. This becomes the positive side of
the coil.
86: Connects to the Ground Out When Running wire from the remote start module. This becomes the
negative side of the coil.
87: Connected to a fused +12 volts source, that is capable of supplying power for the vehicle's second ignition
wire. This becomes the source of power for the 2nd ignition wire.
87A: No connection. This terminal is not used in this application.
30: Connects to the vehicle's second ignition wire. This becomes the output of the 2nd ignition relay.
Comments: The relay is only energized when the vehicle is running by remote start. When started with the key,
the relay is not energized and the integrity of the stock system has been preserved.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic