the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Jeep Wrangler iDataLink Module to buy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Hey guys.
Does iDataLink make a T-Harness for the 2012 Wrangler AT that will work with an aftermarket starter?
I see they recommend the ADS-ALCA with 2 Firmware Options. One is the RS-CH5 and the other is the DL-CH5.
Can anyone help me understand the benefits of using 1 or the other?
Thanks in advanced.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
I see I can buy the ADS-HRN CH5 T-Harness..
It looks like an ADS-HRN CH5 and ADS-ALCA (DL-CH5 Firmware) will be a pretty easy install.
iDataLink States that a separate 12v Constant should be ran for the RS module and not to use the Ignition Harness 12v Constant.
iDataLink also states not to wire any other Ignition / Accessory / Starter Wires to the RS. Fine with me.
If I wire the ALCA and RS in 2-way data mode, what is really left to wire to the RS?
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Or.. can I just buy the ADS-CH5 and use that with a Viper RS?
I don't see a iDataLink wiring method of 2-way data.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
What are you looking to do? Remote Start only with Factory FOB's and 3x Lock? Remote start with Keyless entry using after market FOB's? Remote start with alarm and keyless entry using after market FOB's?
The ADS AL-CA can be flashed with the DBI CH5 version of firmware and go D2D with a Viper unit.
Soldering is fun!
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
kreg357 wrote:
What are you looking to do? Remote Start only with Factory FOB's and 3x Lock? Remote start with Keyless entry using after market FOB's? Remote start with alarm and keyless entry using after market FOB's?
The ADS AL-CA can be flashed with the DBI CH5 version of firmware and go D2D with a Viper unit.
Remote start with Keyless entry using after market FOB's
There are 2 CH5 firmwares for the ALCA. RS-CH5 and DL-CH5.
Then there is a ADS-CH5? Aside from the ALCA now.. just wondering.. could the ADS-CH5 do d2d with a viper? I don't see it as a Wiring Configuration option. Also can the ADS-CH5 work with aftermarket remote starters?
2012 Jeep Wrangler iDataLink Module to buy? - Last Post -- posted image.
When looking at the ALCA.. it looks like the DL-CH5 is what I need to do a normal D2D install with a Viper Starter.
I still want to know is the other kit (ADS-CH5) is used for? I guess because I am just curious.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The ADS AL-CA module will work with the Viper R/S system in D2D mode if flashed with the DBI-AL(DL)-CH5 flavor of firmware, as mentioned above, instead of the more common, native mode ADS AL(DL)-CH5 firmware. You could also use the DBI-HRN CH5 harness to eliminate some of the wiring.
The ADS-AL(RS)-CH5-[ADS-ALCA] would be used for a stand-alone R/S install where pressing the Factory Remotes' Lock button 3 times in a row would remote start the vehicle. This setup can have after-market remotes added for extra range, with appropriate kits and hardware.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic