the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Kia Forte, command start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thefatpigeon 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
This project is having me at my wits end.
CS-2481TWS starter with a DBALL 2 interface module for Kia forte.
trunk release, door lock and unlock all work. The starter will not work. It will crank but wont turn over. After trying a few items my battery is now dead. ( this could be a symptom)
Story time now. I bought this back in december. opened it up and I recieved the manual for the transmitter but I only recieved the french version of starter installation instructions. The supplier was less than helpful. It is impossible to find these instructions on line. I did however find instructions for a AS-2481TWS. All the pictures and diagrams compared with my french copy were similar so I figured Canadian VS American thing or one company bought out the other. I was unable to confirm that doing research. Anyways... after spending three hours fighting with the transmitter trying to pair it to the remote starter not getting anywhere I finally opened up google and translated the french to english for pairing. Low and behold the CS-2481TWS and the AS-2481TWS were different. Followed the translated French directions and finally got the transmitter to Pair.   This means I may have hooked up something wrong. Here is the quick and dirty run down of how this is hooked up.
DBALL 2 wired up using type 3.   when programming itself it did not find a transponder and so It skipped it.   I have it flashed. I have ALL the D2D functions enabled even though Tach/RPM output and Brake Status(foot) are the the only ones supported. The DBALL status LEDs are never lit up.
heres where the wires land
DBALL 2 Wires
HS CAN high----> OBDII C-Can high
HS Can LOW-----> OBDII C-Can Low
14 pin connector   8 and 12 pin connector 10 of the DBALL go to the "Field"
14 pin connector   9 and 12 pin connector 11 go to pin 15 of the MC12 connector in the passenger kick panel
these EMS COM wires must not be needed because I found out while programming the DBall2 that it skipped over learning the transponder. I did some research and was unable to determine if for Forte had a transponder
14 pin connector   13 and 14 are 12V and ground
12 pin connector pin 5 goes to the tach input on my starter. ( this is redundant as D2D should pick this up)
12 pin connector pin 6 goes to brake switch of the starter. ( this is redundant as D2D should pick this up)
10 pin connector pin 10 goes to GWR of the starter and nothing else( this is redundant as D2D should pick this up)
10pin connector pin 9 goes to ignition wire of the starter and pin 6 of the ignition switch.
4 pin cable goes to xpresskit bypass of the starter
Remote starter wires
yellow from the 6 pin connector goes to ignition wire of the DBALL and pin 6 of the igition switch
the 2 fused reds go to pin 5 of the ignition switch
orange from the 6 pin connector goes to pin3 of the ignition switch
purple from the 6 pin connector goes to pin 1 of the ignition switch
black of the 5 pin goes to ground
purple of hte 5 pin goes to TACH AC from the DBALL2
Grey of the 5 pin goes to hood switch
orange of the 5 pin(brake switch) goes to brake status of the DBALL
yellow of the 5 pin ( parking lights) goes to pin 22 of the 30 pin connector behind the fuse box.
blue of the 12 pin ( trunk) goes to pin 11 of the 39pin connector behind the fuse box ( this function works)
brown of the 12 pin( Lock) goes to pin 25 of the 39 pin connector behind the fuse box ( this function works)
green of the 12 pin ( unlock) goes toe pin39 of the 39 pin connector behind the fuse box ( this function works)
WHITE/ brown ( Re-arm out0 has not been connected as I need relay and diodes as per the tech 1300 document)
WHITE/ green ( disarm   has not been connected as I need relay and diodes as per the tech 1300 document)
blue/white ( POS door input)     not used
WHITE/ Orange ( starter Kill output)    not used
orange (parking brakes input) not used as per instructions for remote start. automatic vehicle
purple (EXT Trigger output) useing it as key sense.   goes to pin 4 of the 6 pin keyswitch
white (GWR)   goes to GWR of DBALL 2 and nothing else
grey ( NEG door input)    not used
yellow ( glow plug input)    not used.
I have jumper for positive jumper lights and the TACH thresold jumper set to Normal.
all settings are default right now however I do not think I could trust changing them due the this English/french manuale fiasco I am dealling with.
let me know if you see anything the jumps out as wrong.
Regards
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Are you sure the car has no transponder? Are you in the U.S. or Canada? Put the key in the ignition when trying to remote start.
thefatpigeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
Well i went to go boost the kia this morning and the battery seemed just fine.     I put the key into the ignition and tried to remote start. same problems. crank with no start.   I want to find confirmation the the key sense wire I have is the right one.
My wire list shows the keysense as being a GREEN/ orange wire in a white 6 pin connector pin 4.   I found a white 6 pin connector but was not able to find the index pin marking 1 and the wire I found I would argue and say it is orange with a blue strip. hard to tell with lighting under the steering column.
thefatpigeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
I think I managed to find the write key sense wire.   it was in the male connector not the female connector for the colour code.
I tried to start it again.   Same issues but the transmitter reported back that the engine was started. the starter was still going through the process of starting the engine ( crank fail wait a few seconds crank fail wait a few seconds x5 times)
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Keysense is not required for remote start. It sounds like the car doesn't have a transponder so you should test if your ignition is dropping out during crank.
"yellow from the 6 pin connector goes to ignition wire of the DBALL and pin 6 of the igition switch"
Could this be the issue? Is yellow the ignition output from the remote start?
thefatpigeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
yellow is the ignition output of the starter as per my pictorial wiring schematic. it is spliced to ignition of dball and ignition of the ignition switch. is there a test I can do with a dmm to make sure i am getting voltage when I need too?
thefatpigeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
if there is an OEM anti theft alarm then I would need to have the starter kill output connected to something? Im thinking maybe a OEM alarm system could be stopping the engine from turning over. can this happen. crank no start with a starter kill
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
it sounds like it could be a transponder issue , if the car is from canada it will for sure have a chip key/ transponder system, in the usa i believe its optional , on the remote start 5 pin harness you dont need the orange wire brake status as its through d2d, also i have had issues with the commandstart/prostart/autostarts (all the same brand) not starting too but just crank for a few sec, try unplugging the 5 pin harrness with the ground wire wait a min then plugging it back in and try to remote start.
boguckialex
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
I have only tried a DBALL once on a hyundia, and it didn't work (didn't learn the transponder).. had to switch to idatalink, and worked like a charm..
thefatpigeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2017 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thefatpigeon
Taking out the 5 pin harness did not chanfe anything. I checked resistace from the screw i am using for my ground connection to the negative terminal to my battery and got 0.3 ohms. Seems to be good. I think i am going to take a look at my 6 pin harness wiring to see if it is all god.
The dball2 is jsut for transponder issues correct. I have been leaving the key in the ignition while trating but i want to make sure the dball is not doing anything else.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic