the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Mazda5 Directed 5x10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racingtoys 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
Hey guys, so I saw the 5x10 on directed's website and decided it give it a try on my 2013 Mazda 5 w/o factory alarm.
I am followed the "Type 1" install as per the MA2 Firmware (firmware is 800.MA2 4.02.429d) guide but I have some questions:
What is a "(-) Start Trigger Input"? is it a clutch switch? or neutral safety switch? I don't know what I am suppose to connect this to.
I don't want to use the remote start part of the 5x10 right now, just the security part, so I have not connected a MC501 will this prevent me from using the 5x10 as an alarm?
All I really wanted was to use the 5x10 with factory keyless entry remote plus add a few extra sensors and maybe in the future add remote start.
I have everything connected besides the mentioned start trigger and the MC501.
When I plug in the 12 pin white connector I get the red led on the 5x10, I tried the "Module programming" but I never get a green flash or a orange flash, just solid red all the time except once in a while (maybe every 2 mins) the red will flicker once really quick then go back to solid red.
Please help!
Thanks
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
You'll need to wire up the MC501. The pink wire connection at the MC501 is how the system detects when your ignition is switched on; without this connection you can't begin the module programming. Also, if you're using two keys to program, step 6 has the module powering up the vehicle ignition when you hold the programming button. This requires the 12V connections from the MC501. The starter and accessory wires might not be required until you want to use the system for remote start, but if you don't connect the green and violet wires your alarm won't have a starter kill feature.
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
Oh ok I didn't know the mc501 was how 5x10 sensed the IGN, I figured it did so through canbus.
The Mazda specific install guide does not show the wiring of the mc510 in detail, just shows a line from the 5x10 to mc510, but the analog install guide shows it.
It looks like if I connect the yellow wire that leaves the 5x10 to +12v IGN the 5x10 will read that as IGN on and should allow me to program the 5x10.
I'll give it a try and report back
Thanks!
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
Ok so I connected the yellow wire and now I have been able to get to the end of the programming where it says to push the button and IGN should come on, of course it won't since I don't have the mc501, but according to the instructions, if I do the key2go procedure I should be able to skip this step of it trying to turn on the ign.
Does this make sense
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Yes, if you can use Key2Go it eliminates the need to power the ignition during programming.
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
I just had another idea, if I use a unchipped key and turn the IGN on right when the 5x10 tries to, I think I might be able to trick the 5x10 into thinking the mc501 did it.
The only feedback the 5x10 seems to have from the mc501 is IGN on, the rest seem to be commands to the mc501.
I will have to wait till next weekend to test but I think it should work.
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
Update I got the 5x10 programmed but it won't arm when I use the factory keyless fob.
I tried looking through the options on xkloader but I don't see anything about factory keyless fob.
I have no light on the 5x10 so it's not complaining about anything
Any ideas?
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
I believe the 5x10 will not work on a Mazda5 w/o factory alarm, at least with this version of firmware.
I wish I knew that before going down this route..._in directed. I ordered a 9656X to solve this issue, sucks, I guess car will have to make do with two fobs, it's the one thing I tried to avoid.
racingtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racingtoys
Just wanted to update, installed the clifford 9656X and finished up the alarm.
Glass sensor works great at all windows and the BLACK/ brown wire pulses the factory car horn when alarm goes off, exactly what I wanted (wasn't sure if it would since firmware install guide didn't say but other guides said it would).
Factory keyless still does not arm or disarm the alarm, so at least at a minimum this firmware version can't use factory keyless if the car didn't come with factory alarm.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic