the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 F-350 Super Duty, Avital 5305L

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
remark2013 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remark2013
Alright, I have everything connected and the Remote Start works, but when I connect the 2 wire plug for the door locks I can hear the alarm itself clicking, however the lock motors are not activating. I can use the alarm remote or the factory remote and the same thing. If I disconnect the 2 wire door lock harness I can at least get the factory remote and it attempts to unlock the doors. What am I missing?
Kent
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I am not familiar with the 5305, but earlier DEI modules have a second port that the 3-pin lock harness plugs into. Locks don't work, and do some strange things. Ask me how I know. So double-check that you have the lock harness in the correct port.
Have you tried unplugging the lock harness and touching +12V to the blue and then the green wire and see if the locks work that way? Ie, test your connection. I am not 100% sure, but about 99% sure that an 01 with factory RKE will have (+) trigger locks. The wires are small gauge, as they only control the lock relays, or VSM. If you connected to large gauge wires, = not correct. Pull the passenger side armrest-switch panel. Takes 3 seconds and no tools. It's fastened with spring clips, just pull. Look at the wire colors and gauge on the door lock switch. See if you can find those in the kick panel of the side most convenient for you to use. Then TEST them.
remark2013 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2017 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remark2013
What is "RKE"? I do not have a Keyless lock system. Also, I previously had an older model "CrimeStopper" on this truck and had no problems with the locks and the connection on that system was set to a NEG trigger, just as this new system is. I only see one port that the 3 wire door lock/unlock pigtail fits into.
Kent
remark2013 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2017 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remark2013
davep, I think you called it, I have the 3 pin door lock in the wrong place! Woke up in the middle of the night, set straight up in bed, went to look at the destruction's and realized I have been plugging it into the Bitwriter plug. No wonder I seem to have shorted out all 4 of my door locks!!!!!!!!!!!!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2017 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
The bitwriter port will activate LOCK, and the actuators are activated at all times. I did it on my first install (which was my Super Duty) and it took awhile to figure out what I had done wrong. On another install years later, I powered up the system and the locks locked and stayed. I immediately looked at the port I had the locks in. Yep, wrong again, but at least I immediately recognized the mistake. And pass the experience along to you. Cheers.
remark2013 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remark2013
Now to order new lock actuators and figure out why the siren all of a sudden doesn't work! This install is kicking my behind for some reason!
remark2013 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2017 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remark2013
Well I got everything working as it should! thanks very much for your help davep, saved my bacon. Also wanted to thank kreg357, his help got my remote start working.
Kent.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic