the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CM7200S, 2000 Toyota Tundra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tundra2000boy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2017 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundra2000boy
I got a 2000 toyota tundra that had a astroflex 2100 module and I bought this compustar cm7200s with drone. This is my first time attempting autostart but since I had one already installed in Figure it should be somewhat easy to swap out to newer autostart. so here's my problem now, doors will lock with remote but won't unlock ( park lights flash 2 time) but for some reason they will unlock if I hit the unlock button a couple times with vehicle running. Any idea?
Next problem is I try to start my vehicle with remote but it will only crank for like 1.5-2 seconds (which isn't enough time to start my truck) I tried changing the options to crank for +0.6 sec for crank time but didn't seem to work. How do I fix that?
I think the only wire I didn't hook up on the high current wire harness was the blue 1 which is for 2nd ignition output, does that have to be wired up?
And on 20 pin gray connector I only wired
- lock output (-)
- unlock output (-)
- hood pin
- horn
Think that's all but will double check
I know some of you will probably say should of had a professional do it but I didn't want that. I like to learn and that's why I did this.
But any help would be awesome. Thanks
tundra2000boy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2017 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundra2000boy
OK so I figured my problem with door unlock, had to do double pluse unlock under option group 1. But still have trouble trying to get it to start, will crank over for about 2sec but won't start and it will do it 3 times and still no start. Also if I start the truck myself and push start button on remote it will act like it kick on (park lights on) but when I go to take key out it shuts off
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2017 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Why don't you list the vehicle wire color where each of your ignition and accessory outputs are connected? Your truck has two ignition wires that need to be powered for remote start, so if you're not using the blue second ignition output, you're probably missing one.
You haven't connected the tach sense wire. Have you programmed the remote start system for tachless engine sensing?
You'll need to have the brake input connected at some point, as once you get the engine running with remote start you'll want to be able to stop it again.
tundra2000boy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundra2000boy
Oh my bad I forgot to list that I wired the tach and brake switch, but I must of missed the 2nd ignition wire.
I pulled up the wiring diagram for my truck ( should of done that in the first place) and yeah your right it does have 2nd ignition so ill check that out and get back to you. Thanks
tundra2000boy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundra2000boy
Problem solved, I forgot the 2nd ignition wire but now it's working.
tundy04 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2019 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
Hey there. I'm installing this same CM7200 on my 2004 tundra. I do not have power door locks or windows. No immobilizer, as you know. What wires do I HAVE to install? any pics would be greatly appreciated.
Figuring it out, one project at a time
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2019 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
tundy04, https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=145808
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic