the12volt.com spacer
icon

’07 Ram, Rear Power Window Switches?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
53burb 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2017 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
Hi everybody,
I just found out about this site a few minutes ago. Thanks in advance for any help.
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram quad cab. It has manual windows/locks. I already purchased the oem pw regulators for all 4 doors. I plan on using a 2 door switch kit from a1-electronics for the front 2 doors ( http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=4990-10-420 ). For the rear doors, I am planning on using the original rear door pw switches that came in the dodge rams. I have the switches already and a universal wiring harness that I plan on using.
My question is how to determine what each terminal on the switches is for? Is there a wiring diagram that anyone can provide?
Thanks,
Chris
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I am not familiar with the Dodge, but many power window systems ground the passenger and rear doors through the Driver's door switch. If your rear door switches have 5 pins, this is the case. If the rear door switches have 6 or 4 pins, you may be able to make them work as stand-alones. If you can identify one pin that is common and connects to a pin for UP, and a different pin for DOWN (SPDT, center off), you can use the switch to control 2 relays for each window.
Post back with the number of pins on the switch and we can go from there. Easier than writing all the variables. Or perhaps someone with access to wiring diagrams will assist. I lost my access to Ebsco Host. I miss it.
53burb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
each switch does have 5 pins....how would I be able to identify which pin is ground? Or how can I identify the pins? I have tried to locate a diagram, but no luck so far....
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Should be able to get info here: http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
53burb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
awesome!! thank you so much!! just found the diagram!!
53burb 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2017 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
Pin Information
Cav
Circuit
Gauge
Color
Function
1 Q211 14 TN/LB DRIVER REAR WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)
1 Q111 14 TN/YL DRIVER REAR WINDOW DRIVER (UP)
2 Q611 14 OR/GY LEFT REAR WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)
3    -
4 Q411 14 OR/WT LEFT REAR WINDOW DRIVER (UP)
5 Q111 14 TN/YL DRIVER REAR WINDOW DRIVER (UP)
5 Q211 14 TN/LB DRIVER REAR WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)
6 Q15 14 OR/LB POWER WINDOW SWITCH FEED
I found this chart and diagram yesterday. I can't copy the diagram, but the pw motor goes into terminals 1 & 5. Power goes into #6. 2 & 4 go the driver's master switch, which I will not be using. I held the wire coming off of the #6 terminal to the positive battery post. With a DMM, I read 10.5V with the switch in normal position at pins 1 & 5. With the switch moved, it went to 12.5V on either 1 or 5, depending on how I had the switch positioned. The switches have 5 pins. Pin 3 is nonexistent. Is 10.5V correct with the pw switch at "rest"?   
Thanks, I can clarify better. It may seem hard to describe without pics or the diagram.
53burb 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2018 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
hi everyone,
I know it's been a year later. This is finally going to be my next project. I figured out the pins of the switches. One of the pins(#6) is supposed to have the power connected to it. If I use a "2 relay setup", do I need to hook up power to this terminal?
Also, the back doors are rarely going to be used, so are the relays necessary. Cost isn't a factor...they are cheap on Amazon.
I emailed A1 Electric asking if I needed relays for their switches. They said no....opinions??
53burb 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2018 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 53burb
Hi everybody,
Just an update...This project is complete. I installed the rear switches/regulators. I wired them up with 2 relays on each rear door. They work great! At this time, I didn't use relays for the front switches. I used a switch kit from A1-Electric. They said relays aren't necessary or recommended. We'll see I guess.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic