the12volt.com spacer
icon

I am feeling let down with my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
architect97 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote architect97
Hello All,
I have had my equipment installed for a while and I expected more. I feel that it is capable of what I want, but I am unsure how to zone in on the weak spot. Could the sub enclosure be insufficient or do I need a larger amp? Etc. Please reference my vehicle and system details in my signature.
I have a factory Source Unit run throught the Audison Bit One. The mids and highs sound just fine to me. Crisp, clean, precise; although I would like the midbass to be more prevalent and punchy - however, this is secondary at this time. The sub is where it lacks. The enclosure is sealed; 0.454 sq ft (per WinISD), and doesn't really start making itself known until the Audison Bit One DRC volume control is nearly single digits. I can listen to most anything at full volume without it becoming uncomfortable; not that i do this very often, except windows open on the highway. But still, the sub isn't as noticeable that i would like.
The Audison Bit One has not been professionally tuned (ie Bit Tune, although there is one local). But I still don't know if a different size or configuration of box is better than what I have, or my amp just needs more @$$. Would the Alpine PDX-V9 make more sense? Maybe the JL HD900/5, ARC Audio 5-channel or any other recommendations?
Please let me know if posting my WinISD graph would be helpful; or maybe my Bit One settings, etc. I will assist in any way I can. Thank you in advance for any thoughts!
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 4.7L V8, Mechman 170 amp Alternator, Big 3, Factory Source Unit, Audison Bit One.1, Alpine PDX-5, Seas Prestige 1", Silver Flute 6.5", TC sounds Epic 10" Sealed.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
WinISD or any box spec program is always only part of the equation when it comes to good bass performance. power is a factor but in my experience it has the least to do with overall performance. i dont know much about the audison Bit ONE either but i can at least help you with the bass. i know the TC sounds EPIC is made to work in tiny boxes, i actually almost bought one myself.
there are so many factors that are at play when it comes to bass performance, it could be something as simple as the placement of your box, it could be that the resonant frequency of your jeep and the resonant frequency of your sub/box are at odds with eachother so it somewhat hurts the performance. even the way the subs blend with your mids can make you think that there is a problem with your bass... there are a lot of sounds that people feel like a sub should be able to take care of but when it comes to a sound quality system it really shouldnt play higher than 100hz depending on your box design. its hard for me to give advice on sound because what you call performance might not be the same as my definition of performance.
did you build your own box? you can tell me a box is built to spec all day long but if the box flexes then it will take away from the output. build quality matters
so i will ask you this, and try to be as specific as possible, in what way do you feel your bass is lacking? does it sound good on some types of music and not others?
ill help you as much as i can
noobtube 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote noobtube
get a monoblock
Pioneer 8200 nex
Audiopipe 1500.1
Audiopipe apcl 2004
Alpine spr-68s
DD712

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic