the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm working backwards.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
the door pin inputs to the alarm are the only inputs that have a separate wire for negative or positive trigger. if your door pin wire tests 12v with the door open and then you lose 12v with the doors closed, then that is positive trigger and you should use the purple door trigger wire from the alarm. you may have to wait until the lights go out after all doors are closed to see how the voltage changes.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
oh, and about your separate 12v wires, right now you have all 12v wires from the alarm going to one source, all you need to do is move one of those wires to the other 12v source. it shouldnt matter which one, just as long as you are using both of the car's 12v constant feeds to power the alarm.
pat0588 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
why would i need to use both? and i put all fused wires go to 12V right? also if i change my hood/trunk switch type to N/C or N/O would it solve my problem? and for door trigger working backwards. set them to N/C. my door trigger rests at 12V and goes to ground when opened, however it doesnt activate the alarm unless it goes form ground to 12V. meaning when i close the door when armed. and positive door trigger wire does nothing. wont work. at least neg door trigger wire sets alarm off when door is closed, the positive wont set it off at all.
pat0588 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
and some diagrams said i have a 3rd ignition wire. lucky me! but i dont have a 3rd ignition wire on my remote start harness...
soundnsecurity 
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
ok well you wrote your post wrong then because earlier you wrote that your doorpins were testing 12v with the door closed and now you are telling me something different. SO, if your doorpin rests at 12v and goes to ground when opened, then use the negative trigger door pin wire of the alarm.
the N/O and N/C settings are for different type of doorpins that you find on some cars, i dont think that it will help you here but it doesnt hurt to try if its just a setting... try it and see what happens.
now, about your 12v wires, you dont NEED to use all of them, my point was that you SHOULD. each of your factory wires can only handle a certain amount of current, they usually have their own fuses. the car uses power from both of those wires to run but since you only have one hooked up, now all of the power that the car needs to run is only coming from one source instead of the normal two sources. they wouldnt have two wires if it didnt need two wires. the problems that can happen are burnt wires, blown fuses, melted connections because of heat building up. i cant say that these will happen but it could happen... i installed these things for over 10 years and ive seen this problem happen too many times to count. so why not make the effort to do it right the first time and not have problems down the line.
pat0588 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2017 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
im sorry but doesnt "rests at" mean door closed? because ive seen people say it rests at 12V and goes to ground when opened. so i figured it means it is at 12v when closed and ground when opened. Ive been using the neg door trigger, but if i arm my alarm and open a door it wont go off. it will go off only if i close that door, same goes for trunk and hood. alarm is armed and trunk/hood is open =nothing. if i then close that door/hood/trunk the alarm goes off. if you see the video i posted it shows what happens.
alarm thinks hood/trunk is open when closed and closed when open.
alarm thinks door is opened when closed.
ive tried using the positive door trigger and it wont go off if door is opened or closed when armed. so i know its the neg door trigger.
can you explain how the N/O and N/C affect door pins? im trying to see if thats something that can make the alarm think the trunk/hood is closed when its closed.
Thanks for your help!
pat0588 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
Turns out it was that my door triggers and hood/trunk pins were set to Normally Closed. went to bestbuy and they hooked my viper up to their computers and reset everything to factory settings. everything works now. factory setting have the door trigger and hood/trunk pins set to normally open not normally closed like i had them. said that the manufacturer mightve not reset the viper before shipping it out of that i got a refurbrised unit. anyways a good @25 spent to reset it.
hoanayang 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2017 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoanayang
that's interesting.
I use the multireader. I connect multireader black terminal connector to the car body, and the red terminal connector to the door trigger wire from the brain unit. The reading is +4.76v.
when I only connect that wire to the driver side door sensor, it works fine and read as 0V. Then, I add a diode in between, it is not triggered anymore. It reads as 0.7v instead of 0V; Therefore, brain is not triggered. Any idea how to fix a diode problem about the voltage drop?
thanks
pat0588 wrote:
I noticed my door diggers stay at 12.25v closed and 145mV when open. Don't go to full ground.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic