the12volt.com spacer
icon

New Relay Diagrams

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpheyse 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpheyse
Currently there are four Constant to Momentary Output relays setups on Relay Diagrams page. The four cover the range of input to output polarities (-/- -/+, +/-, and +/+).
They all behave they same, and looking at just the positive input pair (for simplicity of this description) it operates on a principal that is called Rising Edge Triggered meaning that it only fires off (sends a pulse) when the switch line goes upto +12v (when switch line gets connected / turned on).
I think that there should be another set of four diagrams that are Falling Edge Triggered. Or a Relay that only fires off (sends a pulse) when the Switch line stops being +12 (when switch line gets DIS-connected / turned OFF)
Currently I'm home sick, and my head head hurts. The only thing I can think of is to use a second relay's NC terminal to invert the state (connected/disconnected) of the switch line before feeding it to the momentary relay. Can we do better, Simpler? (i.e. only one relay)
In either case, mine or a better one should be added to the relay Relay Diagrams page
Since this is mostly a Car forum, Here is an example for a Car based use.
  • On older cars with out fancy automation electronics... when Key-on stops driver turns off the car (switch line disconnected) a pulse is send to the door locks (unlock) because the driver is getting out soon.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
You are correct. Two relays would be needed for each of the four diagrams you requested if the source does not change polarity and simply opens (switch line gets disconnected). In my diagram I linked to above, the switched source changes polarity.
BTW, thanks for requesting these. I'll try to get to them soon.
New Relay Diagrams -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Here's one of the four. https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram70.html
I'll draw the others within the next day or two.
New Relay Diagrams -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
the12volt 
Posted: February 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic