the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Chevy Equinox i4 stereo wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kireol 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2017 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kireol
I'm trying to install a subwoofer by tapping in to the rear factory speaker wires either before or after the amp.
I found what I thought was the only amp. If I unplug the top(power) or middle connector, the front speakers stop working, but the rears still work.
If I unplug all 3 connectors, the rear speakers still work.
Where is the rear speaker wires so I can tap in to them for a new sub? Ideally pre-amp. I've started taking the rear door panels off, and have a low-level line converter, but would prefer to go pre-amp if possible.
I've searched around and there's a lot of info for older equinox's and for the 6cyl version which is different.
Images of the amp and wires https://imgur.com/a/6nBG6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic