the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redman2 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2017 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I'll take a look at the site. Thanks again!
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I can confirm factory hood switch is installed ( opening hood about 1 minute after arming, did trigger the OEM alarm). It was good not having to install a hood switch, but not having to tap into a wire ( because it detects it through CAN-BUS) it's even better! Thanks again!
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
Excellent!
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I've put together a sensor wiring diagram and wondering if it looks OK.
BTW, I'm not sure how the Warn Away feature will work so I decided to make it easy to disable..just in case.. What do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks!
2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, alarm wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
warn-away will just work on its own.
Dual stage shock sensors check for impact and generate a pulse for X amount of seconds depending on the sensitivity you can adjust the shock sensor for (if it has little sensitivity adjust screws).
-- any pulse of less than 0.5s on the green will trigger warn away (3 chirps off the alarm to warn away people)
-- any pulse longer than 1s on the blue wire triggers full alarm (alarm gets triggered and rings)
The PURPLE / white wire on the EVO checks for pulse length.
Follow the diagram you did and it will work just fine.      2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, alarm wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
Thank you! Thank you!
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I've done the install! It took me a while (~ 8 hours) but at the end both the alarm and remote start are working as expected.
The shock sensor doesn't do that well...you have to hit the car quite heavy to get it to chirp/warn you. I remember seeing a sensor with adjustments (mine doesn't have) and also with proximity warning ... I've used some sensors I happen to have handy ( G-100 Glass Sensor and DEI 504D shock sensor) and I think the shock sensor could use an upgrade. :) Can you recommend a good sensor ( good price/feature balance, not the most expensive)? It would be nice to have proximity warning .... if practical to look for this feature.
Thanks again!
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
The DEI shock sensor is adjustable but most likely from a DEI remote start/alarm brain if no adjustment screws are there.
Fortin has one, the FSS https://fortin.ca/en/products/accessories/fss/
Your current glass sensor should be fine.
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I looked for FSS: nothing on ebay or amazon. Couldn't find any specs/features nor was I able to find a site selling it... not even Fortin's site. I didn't see an adjustment on it ...maybe it is done through Fortin remote? Thanks!
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
The fortin sensor has some adjustable screws on there but may be a little hard to find.
heres one (not sure brand) http://mypushcart.mybigcommerce.com/vehicle-safety-security/sensors-sirens-accessories/
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic