the12volt.com spacer
icon

recent 97 chevy c1500 viper 5305V install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juggalo4life760 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2017 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
so i recently installed the viper 5305 alarm w/remote start and got everything working right but now want to add some accessories...how do i hook up my windows and hvac to the system??i know theres accessory wires but dont know exactly how to do it.
Thomas Brown
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2017 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
anyone????????
Thomas Brown
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2017 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
You will need a window module if you want to hook up your windows so they roll up when you arm the alarm. Not sure what you mean by hooking up hvac... the alarm does not control the hvac. You set you heat or AC to the setting you want when you turn the truck off. This way when you remote start the truck the temp is already set on the truck. As for the window module there are several that can be used depending on what you are trying to accomplish. I have an 06 Silverado and had to use the DEI 530t which is very hard to find.
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2017 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Im not meaning to roll up the windows when it arms..i mean to be able to roll them up and down from the remote, and i figured out the ac and heater..
Thomas Brown
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2017 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
You will still need a window module to roll the windows up and down from the remote. Here is a video on my 2006 Silverado
2006 Chevy Silverado DEI 530t Window automation
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2017 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
I ended up figuring it out..ide figure i post it in case anyone else ever has a problem but i was just experimenting and tried connecting the windows to one of my existing 5 pin relays ( that i had to use for my door locks) and pretty much hooked it up the same way i had my door lock and instead of the door unlock and lock wires i hooked up the aux 4 and aux 5 wires on the relays and it worked!!..on the remote you can press aux+lock for aux 4, aux+unlock for aux 5, and aux+remote start button for aux 6 so my windows now roll up and down by pressing aux+lock or unlock, anyways thanks for the help, have a great day!
Thomas Brown
tdbaker021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2017 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
Yes I should of mentioned the old timer way of using relays. You might want to research it a little. Here's a link that was posted a while ago in reference to using relays.
Using relays for window rollup/down

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic