the12volt.com spacer
icon

Constant 12V to Switched 12V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
divety 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote divety
Hi all, first post after not being able to find my answer in other threads or maybe not understanding the replies. My question is am i able to use a relay to go from constant 12v power to switched 12v power via a on/off switch. Im thinking it is possible but not exactly sure how to go about it. Im an electical noob when it comes to automotive stuff.
I was thinking i could use the on/off switch on the earth/ground side. With the switch off no switched power with the switch on i would get my switched power?
Any help would be appreciated, and a diagram on how i would accomplish this would also be great.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Constant power to terminals 86 and 30. 85 goes to your switch. Ground the other leg of the switch. 87 will be your switched output.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic