the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 silverado, viper 5806v, dlpkgm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07silverado 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
okay so I have a 2007 Silverado new body style with factory remote start, a viper 5806v alarm/remote start, and a gm dlpk bypass module. ive been reading online and trying to teach myself some of this and its got me a little turned around. Ive installed an autopage rf425 before but it was relatively simple and didn't have remote start. from what I'm understanding form my readings online I don't need the remote start harness from the viper 5806v at all. can someone please help me connect the dots here?
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
It looks like all I need to hookup is the following can anyone confirm this for me? Wanting to get this installed tomorrow as I don't have any other time available. I have marked some of these wires since I don't know where they go in the actual truck wiring itself.
3 pin connector:
Blue and green wires for lock and unlock output both handled by d2d from dlpk gm
6 pin connector:
Red-constant +12v
Black-chassis ground
Brown-(+)siren output
White-(-)parking light output to blue wire at bcm or at light switch
Large gauge 10 pin connector:
Red/black-(+)12v acc/starter input to behind junction box driver side of dash*(unsure of which wire to use)*
Red-(+)12v ignition 1 input
Orange-(+)12v accessory output*(unsure of where this goes to)
Red/white-(+)12v ignition input 2*(unsure of where to place this wire)
Pink-(+) ignition 1 input/output*(unsure of where to land this wire)
24 pin connector:
Dark blue-(-)status output hooked to d2d dlpk gm
Gray-(-)hood pin input*(can this be hooked to factory hoodpin?)
Violet/white-tach input hooked to d2d dlpk gm
Black/white-neutral safety/parking brake hooked into chassis ground
Green-(-) door input hooked to d2d dlpk gm
Brown/black-(-) horn honk output*(unsure of where to land this wire)
Brown-(+) brake pedal shutdown to white at brake pedal but should be handled by d2d dlpk gm
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
Also what do I need to hookup to have my seat heaters turn on with the remote start? They do this now with the factory remote start. Also would my climate control come on when it's started with the viper? My truck also does this now with the factory remote start. How about radio function? Will the radio be on or off by default. Currently it is off when the truck is remote started and turns on when I put the key in and turn it to on
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
I hooked up everything according to the viper 5806v and dlpkgm instructions and when I press the programming button while plugging in the first harness it lights up and stays lit. I plug in the other two harnesses and stays lit but as soon as i put the key in and turn it to acc or on the light goes out with no rapid blinking first and the door locks will not work thru the viper
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
It also kills all power to the alarm brain when I turn the ignition on
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2017 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
as of now I have the following hooked up:
-brown v ref to white wire at ignition
-light green can sw data to green wire on transponder connector
-yellow r code to pink/black at ignition
-white/black to brown(can be yellow but mine is brown)wire at transponder connector wire heading towards connector
-pink accessory to brown(can be yellow but mine is brown)wire at transponder connector heading towards vehicle
-(-)while running(status) of dlpk to 5806v pin 5 (-)200mA status output
-violet/white tach wire of dlpk to violet/white tach input wire of 5806v
-light green lock of dlpk to 5806v 3 pin connector pin 3 green (-)500mA lock output
-blue unlock of dlpk to 5806v 3 pin connector pin 1 (-)500mA unlock output
I also did like the instructions stated in the dlpk manual and cut one end of the d2d cable off and hooked the red to constant 12v and the black to ground leaving the other two wires not hooked to anything.
that's all I have hooked up so far...what am I missing here? I could really use some help here guys I'm having to drive my daily driver with the dash half torn apart and wires in my floorboard. id really like to learn and understand what I'm doing wrong here guys so any help would be greatly appreciated. id also like to add that the truck is a z71 ltz model which I believe would make it a premium wiring setup.
thanks ahead of time
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2017 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
I also read that anything with a fuse should be hooked to the (+)12v so all the remote start wires with a fuse have been hooked to power
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
I finally got the dlpk to program I'm not sure what was wrong but I must have had a bad connection because I redid them all and its working now. my only issue now is figuring out how to wire the remote start up to the truck and my locks are doing a weird thing where when I unlock the truck its like the door looks actuate twice and the parking lights blinks kind of funny like they're trying to blink twice

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic