the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 kia forte and idatalink

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trinidad23 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trinidad23
i want to install an rsautopage777p using idatalink alca module on a 2013 forte with regular key,i have been given different info on the oem security system on this car, some say it does not have a transponder install unless push start , but it does have a remote with lock and unlock plus trunk and if you press the lock twice the horn and all parking and mirrors blink, i want to use the data to data connection and i see on the idatalink webpage schematic for this model#19, THAT ONLY THE SOLID BLACK WIRES NEED TO BE INSTALL, CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME BY LOOKING AT THAT SCHEMATIC IF THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF ANY TRANSPONDER THIS CAR MY HAVE AND ALSO AFTER I FLASH THE MODULE , DO YOU KNOW IF I NEED A LEARNING PROCEDURE FOR THIS CAR, I CHECK ON THE IDATALINK WEBSITE, BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE. THANKS
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
american Kia's don't have a transponder
trinidad23 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trinidad23
can you still use the idatalink to limit the wiring install by using the data to data connection? and if so , there where no need to worry about a learning procedure.thanks,if you look at the idatalink website, it gives you the schematic #19 if you don't mind looking at it,showing only a few wires to be connected, i wi be happy to install it this way. thanks again
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
The bypass doesn't do anything for your car (it's only a "transponder" bypass) you have to hard wire everything.. Tach, locks, brake, park lights, oem disarm.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2017 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
A bypass would do nothing for you in an American made car. The car is not that bad to install in. If you check out the pictorial section there is one there that is 2010-2012 forte but the 13 is the same car.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
trinidad23 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2017 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trinidad23
i look at it but is very hard to see clearly, and does anybody has the correct wiring guide for the 2013 forte, not pictorial , ill take it which ever , thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic