the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

install 5706v dball2 2009 vibe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Are you going W2W or D2D between the Viper and the DB-ALL2?
Did the DB-ALL2 program in exact accordance to the install guide instructions for the Type 1 install?
It would appear that the Viper is not getting a Brake signal. If this is coming from the DB-ALL2 via the D2D harness, you could try going hardwire between the Viper and the DB-ALL2 or even directly from the Vibes Brake pedal wire to the Viper.
Soldering is fun!
rrruschman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
d2d but the dball2 just stays solid red . Also which wire goes to key sense? I know the vibes key sense wire but dont know which wire it would be from the viper.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure the Keysense wire really matters, but if it makes you feel better, the typical use of Keysense in Toyota vehicles is to turn off the Factory Alarm during a remote start without unlocking the doors and the Viper signal that is used would be (-) Status Output. Does the Vibe have the Factory Alarm system? Does the Factory Alarm go off during a R/S?
Your primary problem is the DB-ALL2 and I would get that part sorted before worrying about Keysense. It would appear that it is not correctly programmed to the vehicle. This is supported by the fact that is not supplying the Brake signal to the Viper and the fact that you have a solid Red LED. While I am not a DB-ALL2 user, according to the chart at the end of the install guide Page 25, it states :
Solid Red      Waiting to begin the programming sequence.      Refer to the wiring diagram to make sure that all the connections are correct.
I guess the first question is : Did the DB-ALL2 follow the Type 1 vehicle programming as per the install guide Page 20?
Soldering is fun!
rrruschman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
Ok got brake to kill car when key is not in and key to shut off once I turn off. Only 2 issues remain. Issue 1 is dball2 I have flashed it 3 times and yet it stays constant red. I am questioning whether I even need dball2. Issue 2 the doors wont unlock or lock with viper remote but the alarm activates correctly. If I use the factory key fob it will unlock and lock the doors and disarm or arm accordingly.
kreg357 
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Will the Viper Alarm go off if you open a door or pop the trunk?
Are you still going D2D for the Brake signal input to the Viper?
Will the car start with a key if you wrap the keyhead in 5 layers of aluminum foil?
Soldering is fun!
rrruschman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
Im done gonna go pay the local best or carto there money to do it. Thought I had it but now my remote wont get rid alarm report when I was testing trunk and doors.
rrruschman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
One weeks pay for there 4 hours labor just dont seem fair.
kreg357 
Posted: March 19, 2017 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You could try switching over to W2W mode. That way you could test the DB-ALL2 outputs to see if it is doing everything it is supposed to. All those signals you are missing come from the DB-ALL2.
Soldering is fun!
rrruschman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2017 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
Thanks for all your help kreg357. I am gonna solder and make neat what I did, gonna leave off all the panels so they wont have to worry about taking that off. Just gonna asked them to install dball2 and finalize my project and not worry about the panels and trim because I will put that back together.
rrruschman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2017 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rrruschman
Ok I am gonna try this again because I went to the local shop and they wanted $625 to put in. I found out I do not need to use the dball2 because I have the american vibe and it does not have the immobilizer. So I am going to direct wire from 5706v to all necessary wires, My question is do I need relays from viper to my door unlock and lock wires?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic