the12volt.com spacer
icon

Window up and down control with factory Alarm/RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2017 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thym8scallmet
I am looking for ideas for my 2012 Equinox with factory installed Remote start. I have a 5 button key FOB with lock unlock hatch remotestart and panic. What I would like to do is add window up and down control to this pre-installed system. I know I can add the window up to the door lock but it would be better if I could press lock twice or even three times to roll up the windows as twice is the horn beep confirmation. Same thing with the windows down. Pressing unlock once opens drivers door, and twice all doors. I would not like the windows to roll down in the winter months unless I pressed the button three times. Ive looked at the diagrams on here and Have the one for the 2011 Equinox which I am pretty sure is the same for the 12.
Any Ideas? I have thought about trying some sort of latching relay/ SPST relay hooked to the lock and unlock buttons, but can't seem to make that work. ALSO, the remote start button does not work unless the lock button is pressed first.
Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated
T
Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2017 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
I have a DEI530t window module in my 2006 Silverado. I used a PAC TR12 for my install. The TR12 allows me to use a predetermined number of pulses and a delay timer for the window module. You could use the same setup and connect to the lock unlock wires. Set up three pulses on the lock and unlock to roll up or down the windows. You could also use relays but I would recommend using a window module.
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thym8scallmet
Wow, Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about the PAC TR12. It looks like it will let me do exactly what I want to do. May even be able to add extra features.
Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic