the12volt.com spacer
icon

Silverado remote start not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07silverado 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
Hey guys I got my alarm wired all up today finally with the bypass and I'm having trouble getting the remote start to work. My truck is a 2007(07-13) silverado with the viper 5806v and the flcan bypass. The alarm functions like it's supposed to but when I go to remote start it with the 2 way remote it doesn't do a thing. The remotes too amber light and the green light next to the remote start button light up but that's it. No cranking or anything. What am I doing wrong here? I have it all hooked up per the flcan type 1 instructions and then on the thick gauge 10 pin rs harness I have the pink wire ran to the pink ignition wire at the trucks ignition plug along with the pink wire from the flcan. Then I have the orange wire from the 10 pin ra harness ran to the brown transponder plug wire along with the flcan black and white wire. I've changed the viper from manual to automatic trans mode and did the tach learn and at this point idk what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance guys
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
The remotes *top* amber light not too. It won't let me edit the post tho
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
did you flash the flcan bypass? Which firmware are you using?
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
Yes it's gm10
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
07silverado wrote:
Yes it's gm10
Did you complete the module programming procedure?
Did you set the installation mode d2d or hardwired?
Check the module diagnostics
During Programming - During remote Start - With Ignition off
Flashing RED Missing/wrong information from firmware or vehicle - Incorrectly programmed - Incorrectly programmed or connected
Solid REDWaiting for more vehicle information - Incorrectly programmed - Not programmed waiting for more vehicle information
Flashing GREEN Additional steps required to complete programming - Correctly programmed and operational - False ground when running status
from remote starter
Solid GREEN then OFF Correctly programmed - Reset in progress - Reset in progress
OFF No activity or already programmed - Invalid ground when running status from remote starter - At rest and ready for a remote start
sequence
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
What do you mean during programming during remote start?
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
Nevermind I figured it out. I can't get it to light up at all during remote start, with key in ignition and on but not started
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
While programming I get a solid red light that turns to a green light within the two seconds. Also when I try to remote start the truck and it fails my parking lights don't flash but I can hear the relay inside the alarm brain click 8 times
07silverado 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 07silverado
I don't have a neutral safety wire but I have an ebrake wire and the green/red output wire of the flcan is hooked to the black/white input wire of the viper brain
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2017 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
did you take the Viper out of "manual Transmission" mode?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic