the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Grand Cherokee, APS 997c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajb1234 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ajb1234
Hello I'm really going with this installation I have read all the posts of y'all have on this Jeep Grand Cherokee it's 2002 and I'm sorry to bring the Jeep Grand Cherokee back up again but I am installing a prestige model aps997c alarm with a flashlogic it's flc-al (dl)-ch6 I was told to install it on type 1 wiring diagram,my question is for y'all is this all I need to make this alarm work and have remote start because after reading everything I'm worried about starting it and not be able to get the vehicle to crank back up even if it does not work, I am not a install genius I'm used to older vehicles,so can anyone tell me if everything is correct and maybe a link for installation, really could use the help ,thanks
03 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
This Pictorial should help : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=142769
It was done with another Prestige unit that did not include any alarm functions and a slightly different bypass module ( although the ADS AL-CA is the same as the FLCAN ).
One of the easier vehicles to do aside from the dash disassembly ( which is explained in the Pictorial ).   The FLCAN is a good bypass module. You should have no issues as long as you correctly locate and verify each wire, make soldered connections and insulate with quality electric tape. There will be some learning curve with bypass module programming and R/S option setting. Just read and understand the instructions before jumping in.
Soldering is fun!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I think Kreg meant to provide this link...
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137527
The FLCAN with the DL CH6 firmware should provide everything you need for alarm/remote start with the APS997C.
Lectric Guy
ajb1234 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ajb1234
Thanks, y'all are very helpful,the flash module book said use type 1 on book should I do a different one or just do the type 1
03 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2017 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, just follow the Type 1 install guide. Remember that the Type 1 diagram only shows the wiring necessary for the bypass module. It does not show all the necessary wiring for the Prestige remote starter. You must still make the ignition harness connections, chassis ground, Parking Lights, etc from the R/S to the vehicle. Most of these are shown in the Pictorial ( thanks Lectric Guy for corrected link! )along with the R/S wires used.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic