the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5305V Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcampsr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2017 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rcampsr
Hello All,
On a Viper 5305V Alarm System is it required to use, connect, or even hook up the remote start feature of the alarm. I really only wanted the alarm features without the remote start, but they sent the wrong unit. Unfortunately it can not be returned due to third party shipping delays.
Thanks for your time in this matter.
Rich Camp
Thanks, Rich Camp
12volt burnout 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2017 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 12volt burnout
Yes you can just make sure you hook up heavy gauge pink wire.true in This is a input wire also needs to be hooked up so alarm will reset
rcampsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2017 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rcampsr
Thanks, I was hoping not to have to hook it up. There are no electrical schematics available for the car.
Thanks, Rich Camp
scminty 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2017 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scminty
Similar issue. I have a 1993 for Lightning and directed said the5305V it would work, now I'm here with no install guide and no idea what to do.
Please help!
Sean C. Minto
quantumcat 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2017 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quantumcat
Just got one of these 5305V systems last night. It will be going into a 1996 ford windstar. The car has a Python 1500ESP in it that quit working a few years ago. Will the 1500ESP relays work with the 5305V, or will I have to get new relays.
rcampsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2017 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rcampsr
Hello Quantumcat,
I found in all my searching that just about all the alarm systems manufactured in the USA were made by Directed Electronics(DEI). If you get out the install manuals for both alarms and compare the diagrams, you may find they are almost identical. Just hook the correct wires to the relays and you should be on your way. I would check the relays with an Ohm Meter to insure they read the correct open and closed configurations, since they have not been used is some time. The outputs will be labeled the same for both units, but wire colors may be different. If you know electrical wiring then you should not have a problem installing the new one. It should be a lot easier for you because you have a 1996 year model vehicle. I am still chasing wires on my new 2017 Toyota Avanza ECU because everything is computerized in the vehicle. Toyota will not sell the wiring diagrams for the vehicle unfortunately. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Rich Camp
quantumcat 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2017 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quantumcat
Thanks for the help.
quantumcat 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quantumcat
Got everything hooked up yesterday, everything but remote start works. It clicks and flashes lights, but does not engage starter. going to try replacing relay/relays from old system. one at a time. Is there a wiring diagram for hooking up relays.
rcampsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rcampsr
Hello,
I found several listings in this and a few other forums that showed how to hook up relays in several types of configurations. Also, make sure you install any required diodes in order to keep voltage feedback to the alarm control unit. I did not use the remote start on my car because of the ECU's for the car. See the previous post above for the correct wire to hookup without remote start.
Thanks, Rich Camp

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic