the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 3100 - 2016 Ford F150 XL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lakaiguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2017 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lakaiguy
Need help with parking light connection.
Everything I've seen says grey wire, pin 11 at headlight switch.
I've tried but doesn't work. Checked everything and all seems good. The only thing I can think of is that there is a bit of a delay when turning on the parking lights using the headlights switch and the avital sends a quick negative signal. No idea. I tried the using hazards and they work but unfortunately the hazards stay on after arming/disarming.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2017 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
My recommendation is to use the (+)Parking Light wire. These is a bit of extra wiring required to use the
(-)Parking Light wire to prevent vehicle damage. Here is the info on the (+)Parking Light wire :
Parking Lamp (+)           BLUE/GREY            @ BCM* 36 PIN CONN, PIN 12
* Body Control Module (BCM) is located in the passenger kick panel.
Soldering is fun!
lakaiguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lakaiguy
Thank you very much for the response.
Your solution gave me parking lights for the rear of the vehicle only.
Any idea for fronts?
Also, when exiting the vehicle the parking lights stay on for I think 20 seconds. So when arming the system I get no visual confirmation. Is there a way around that besides turning off the trucks autolight feature itselfor?
Thanks again
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2017 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you have a SPDT relay, you can do the Parking Lights this way. Leave the R/S set to (+) Parking Light output and wire the relay to the Headlight switch connector in the steering wheel as follows :
Relay Pin 87 to Gray wire at Pin 11 of Headlight switch
Relay Pin 86 to R/S (+) Parking Light output
Relay Pin 87a to Headlight switch side of cut wire at Pin 4 ( Black/Violet or Black/Blue wire )
Relay Pin 30 and Pin 85 to vehicle side of cut wire at Pin 4 ( Black/Violet or Black/Blue wire )
Here is a diagram to better illustrate this with the Headlight switch connector pin-out.
Avital 3100 - 2016 Ford F150 XL -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic