the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4806v on a 2017 Tundra, programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikejadoti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2017 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikejadoti
Hey guys (and gals),
I had a Viper 4806v installed on my 2017 Tundra. Work was done by an authorized installer but they hacked the hell out of my truck. I was able to go through their connections and solidify them up, and it works, but I'm wondering about being able to change some of the features of the system. Obviously I don't want to take it back to the shop that originally installed it, and I'm weary as to who I can trust at the moment, so I'm wondering if this is something I can program/change myself.
Specifically, I'm wondering if I can change things like the horn beeps during lock/unlock. During lock it beeps twice, during unlock it beeps twice, and if I hit unlock a second time to get the passenger doors, it beeps twice more. A bit excessive on the honking, especially in the morning in a quiet neighborhood.
Also, the function key doesn't seem to do anything. For example, function then lock should silently lock the doors, but it doesn't.
Is there a way for me to change these options? If so do I need a tool or is this something I can do myself? Online user manual seems to indicate I can but I can't seem to find out how.
Thanks for any help to these seemingly (I'm sure) basic questions.
mikejadoti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikejadoti
I found the 4806v install guide in the downloads area, including its section on programming system features, thanks for this! (the shop threw away the box and everything in it, including manuals, the not-installed hood trigger, etc).
Is there anything that explains in more depth what these features are?
For example:
Menu 1, Feature 1 - System Locking Mode
Menu 1, Feature 4 - Ign-Controlled locks
Menu 1, Feature 5 - Door lock Pulses
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Download an older Viper install guide, like the 5701. While not super detailed, it will give you slightly better explanations for each wires purpose and the programming choices and functions. There have been some changes but the majority of the info is applicable.
The horns duration can be changed. Most of the programming changes can be made with the remotes but using a BitWriter is real easy.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic