the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dball2 flashing orange

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1-hour 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1-hour
I am installing a remote start (Avital 4105 and Dball2) in my 2006 Subaru Outback w/ manual transmission.
After wiring the 4105 and Dball2 according to the Xpresskit directions the Dball2 is flashing orange only (detecting 1 of 2 CAN connections). It goes to 2 red flashes with the ignition turned on but resumes to flashing orange when the ignition is turned off. A have triple checked the CAN connections (Tan and Tan/Blk) and they appear to be correct and solid (wormed and soldered). There is continuity from the connection to the Dball2 harness. The Dball2 pin is not broken and looking inside Dball2 there is no obvious damage. None of the remote start functions worked through the Dball2. I reflashed the Dball2 multiple times and tried soft resets with no improvements. I’ve also tried pressing the program button five times which is supposed to ignore the indicator (per troubleshooting guide).
I have since wired up the 4105 directly to the vehicle and now the remote start works as desired with the key in ignition. At this point I was just going to use the dball2 solely as an immobilizer bypass but I'm not sure if Key2go can be programmed if I can’t get rid of the flashing orange and get it into programming mode.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I missing something? Is there a way to test the data connection?
Thank you very much for your help.
Dball2 Subaru1 Type 1 installation
402.SUBARU1 v1.30
4105 is connected to Dball2 via D2D
Primary harness
H1/1   lt Grn/Blk factory alarm disarm to Y/R biu pin 12 in 35 pin (gray)
H1/6   -Brn horn output to R/W pin 11 in 30 pin (white)
H1/8   Blk ground to chassis
H1/9   +Wht light flash to Orng parking light switch pin 4 in 4 pin (white)
Heavy gauge harness
1   Pnk +ignition to G pin 6 in 6 pin (white)
2   Prpl +starter to Wht/Blk pin 2 in 6 pin (white)
3   Orng +accessory to Y pin 4 in 6 pin (white)
4   Red +input to Wht pin 3 in 6 pin (white)
5   Pnk/W +ign 2 to Blue pin 1 in 6 pin (white)
6   Red +input to Wht pin 3 in 6 pin (white)
Door lock harness
1   Blue -unlock to Brn/Blk biu pin 29 in 35 pin (gray)
3   Grn -lock to Brn/Wht biu pin 15 in 35 pin (gray)
RS harness
H2/1   Blk/Wht -neutral safety input to Grn/Blk ecm pin 31 in 35 pin (white)
H2/2   Vlt/Wht tach input to inst cluster red/wht pin 20 in 22 pin (green)
H2/3   Brwn +brake shutdown to Brwn/R biu pin 23 in 28 pin (white)
H2/4   Gray -hood pinswitch to parking brake switch spade (relay)
H2/5   Blue/Wht -2nd status output not used
Dball2
Blue harness
3     Tn/Blk HS CAN high to R pin 20 in 30 pin (white)
4     Tn HS CAN low to Blue pin 30 in 30 pin (white)
5     Orng/Grn FT CAN high to Pnk pin 27 in 35 pin (gray)
6     Orng/Brn FT CAN low to Vlt pin 26 in 35 pin (gray)
8     Y keyless data to Y/G cut from pin 9 in 35 pin (gray)
9     O/Y keyless data to Y/G pin 9 in 35 pin (gray)
10   O/R immobilizer to Pnk/Blk pin 28 and Wht/Blue pin 18 in 30 pin (white)
11   Y/R immobilizer to Pnk/Blk cut from pin 28 and Wht/Blue cut from pin 18 in 30 pin (white)
Red harness
7     Gr/Blk keysense to Blk/Wht in ignition switch
10   Y/Blk keyless to Y/G pin 9 in 35 pin (gray)
11   O/Blk immobilizer to Pnk/Blk cut from pin 28 and Wht/Blue cut from pin 18 in 30 pin (white)
Clutch switch is permanently bypassed.
If a wire/connection is not listed above then no connection was made.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The LED will flash Orange slowly after you start the car. Turn the ignition off and complete the Key2Go process. Connect the DBALL2 to your programmer and send the data to be decrypted. Steps 5 - 8 in programming procedure.
sparky
1-hour 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1-hour
Thanks. It still flashes 2 red when the engine is running. I need to take it in to program key2go and want to make sure everything is in order when I take it in.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If it is an official 12Volt install shop doing the Key2Go, don't be surprised if they bulk at the job. You are using a 4105 system that is not really Manual Transmission safe on your Subie. Even with the Transmission Neutral signal coming from the ECM, it still might be considered too risky for them. You might also consider doing a proper clutch pedal bypass using the H2/5 (-) 2nd Status signal and a relay to ease their possible anxiety.
Soldering is fun!
1-hour 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2017 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1-hour
I spoke with the shop about programming the key2go before proceeding. They've done multiple installs for me before but no longer do any manual transmissions. I've been considering putting a relay back in for the clutch bypass, I just didn't have one at the time of install. Just curious why manual transmissions are considered so risky if there's a neutral safety switch.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2017 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It's all about the lawyers. If anything were to go wrong, they would sue because the Avital 4105 Install guide and documentation specifically says :
Caution
This product is designed for fuel injected, automatic transmission vehicles
only. Use of this product in a standard transmission vehicle is
dangerous and contrary to the product's intended use.
I've heard of lawsuits where a car that was hit in the rear while stopped at a stop sign getting sued because his tail lights were smoked and allowed less light output.
With the clutch interlock disabled, someone could try to start the car with it in gear. Your R/S wouldn't do it but a person could.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic