the12volt.com spacer
icon

Long press to short/timed output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sb99 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2017 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sb99
Hi
I have a 3v garden variety purple laser which I want to create a dot/pixel on a glow in the dark panel.
To do this I need to be able to push a button and have the laser turn on for around 0.1 of a second and then turn off even if the button is still depressed for longer.
I have done this previously with opposing springs. IE force is released, contacts other spring and continues, hits momentary button which closes circuit, and then the spring recovers and pushes force back.
But obviously there is a way to do it electronically. Given the small amounts of power and time involved I presume a relay is not the best solution. Could I get some pointers on how to do this with other options like a timer chip or solid state (?) components.
Simpler the better.
Thanks
sb99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2017 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sb99
A bit of googling and I think what I'm looking for is a 555 monostable timer circuit that can achieve a sub second output.
zeropond 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2017 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zeropond
Hello
I am zeropond I am a new person/member of this forums site. I have to thank this forums site to given the chance that I should me the member of this forums site. The long press and short time output to able push the button off and the laser turn on in 0.2 second in the longer of the output.
Thank you
zeropond

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic