the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Radio install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kw4tx 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
I am trying to install a radio in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Z85 2wd
I am having a hard time finding a wiring adapter and a mounting kit that will work... I have found a 2007 install kit and wiring but apparently it doesn't work on mine...
This dang radio sense is driving me nuts.... I have a Bose audio speakers no onstar or steering wheel controls...
Bout ready to snip the plug and find my own accessory wire.... spent all day on this
Thanks in advance
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Metra lc-gmrc01   Or 702003 and it comes with a bundle of red wire and a fuse tap. Put the fuse tap on the fuse labeled wsw and run the wire to the red wire of the radio.
And you do need to connect the blue or blue white of the harness to the blue white or blue wire of your radio.
kw4tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
Will it give me a remote turn on for an amp?
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The blue white or blue wire of your radio will provide that. You must connect it to the blue or blue white of the metra harness to turn on your bose amplifier
kw4tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
Thanks... but now I am confused.. I am not even sure mine has an amp... I was thinking I would wire from radio to speakers...
Can you give me some insight on where my amp may be? and how would I hook that up... never used a factory amp before...
I have a under the seat 8" sub with a built in amp... I was initially trying to get it to turn on...And thinking just run speakers off radio...
Like I said I have done numerous stereo installs but never with a built in amp... May be kinda cool... Just need help
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
You said you had bose in your original post. If you do, just connect the blue wire and it will take care of itself. If you do not have bose you do not need to connect it. Do not run any wires other than the wire to the windshield wiper fuse. Or if you get the lcgmrc01 you do not need to run any wire at all.
kw4tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
It has bose on the speaker grilles... Thats about all I know...Have had truck 4 days
windshield wiper fuse I suppose is for the sub amp under seat?
So just the remote wire from radio to the bose amp if there....
kw4tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2017 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
Ok I am trying to understand this.. I DO have a bose amp under my console I found it..
now i am installing an after market radio.... I would like to retain factory amp if possible... And add my self powered sub under seat...My truck doesn't not have factory sub..
Do I hook up the AM radio to the harness at the radio opening or do I use the connector under the console..? Those are really hard to get to
How does the LC-GMRC-01 hook up...does it bypass the amp? At this point I just wanna get my AM radio installed with my self powered sub If I cant get the factory amp to power the speakers that would be a shame, but I am beyond my wits end and just want my radio installed with sub..
Please someone talk to me like I am a 4 year old and use short words...
I do understand that if I cut the speaker wires under the console and wire straight to radio I can bypass amp..just need to run speaker wires and remote..
I also know that the factory wiring harness has no remote...
If I use the LC-GMRC-01 can I just wire to the radio plug like a normal radio install and just add a remote wire?
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 10, 2017 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There is an amplifier turn on wire in both the lcgmrc01 and the 702003. You just need to connect it to the remote wire of your new radio. Either harness will allow you to use the bose amplifier. Connect it to the remote wire of your aftermarket sub amp as well.
kw4tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2017 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kw4tx
i am an idiot wrote:
There is an amplifier turn on wire in both the lcgmrc01 and the 702003. You just need to connect it to the remote wire of your new radio. Either harness will allow you to use the bose amplifier. Connect it to the remote wire of your aftermarket sub amp as well.
I cant thank you enough... I just ordered a lcgmrc01...Should be here in a couple of days..
Hopefully I wont have any issues
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic