the12volt.com spacer
icon

Diode or relay for turn signals flashers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tjlingram 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tjlingram
Am trying to hook my EASYGUARD EC002 alarm system to my 06 ford freestars turn signal indicators. The ec002 has two separate 12v+ brown wires for activating the turn lamps. I have located the separate wire in a wire diagram that go straight to the head lamps. But am worried about back causing damage so I was looking into adding a diode before my splice in but I have read that this can cause voltage drops and I don't want dim lamps so I was hoping to use a relay to control both 12v sources (the regular oem source and the 12v from my ec002). Basically I want a relay or relays to open and close the two 12v circuits. So when oem 12v wire is energized it closes the alarm Circuit and in vise versa.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2017 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Connect it to the parking light wire. No diode or relay requited. The voltage drop across a diode is only (.)7 volts.
tjlingram 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2017 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tjlingram
So when you mean to the parking light wire what are you referring to. Derectly to the head lamps or some where else.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic