the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Ford Taurus radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drkenrich 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2017 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drkenrich
I recently bought a 2014 that has the factory installed radio with the CD player. The CD won't play anything and I prefer a USB. But that's about all it has. There is no MyTouch, MyFord, Bluetooth, or even a USB plugin. There is pictured an AUX phone jack + the USB port in the central console, but it only has the AUX jack. The dealer tried to activate the My... functions and Bluetooth, but they are not there. So far it has AM/FM/AUX only.
I went to Fry's Electronics to see about an after market player with USB. They can't find an install kit for the 2014.
I would like to add GPS, a rear camera to the system (supposedly it's supposed to have the capability) and a USB. At least a USB at a minimum.
My hope is that somewhere there is a diagram of the back of the radio unit that shows the input leads or jack for these things. My worst case would be to mount a USB plug in the dash somewhere if I can at least wire it in.
If anyone's familiar with this base model radio can they please tell me if any of this is even possible with this unit? If not, where should I look for a replacement unit with USB, GPS, and Bluetooth for about $300?
How about an after market dash kit?
drkenrich 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drkenrich
Sorry, forgot the details.
2014 Ford Taurus SE 4 door sedan with the 3.5 engine.
If you need a VIN I'll send it to you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic