the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Ram 2500, dball2, 5706, Smartstart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spankiee 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spankiee
Hey guys, I have a 2015 Ram 2500 diesel after a couple of breakins I had an alarm installed to notify me when something happens to my truck.
My truck has factory remote start and the factory alarm, I just wanted text notifications and shock, glass and proximity sensors added to my truck. The shop I took it to said I'd need a few things to make this possible, dball2, viper 5706v and smartstart for a total of 990 installed. I felt that was expensive but totally worth it if I could catch this asshat thief in my truck.. so I had them install it. I didn't want the alarm keyfobs, crappy alarm horn thing or the blinking light, I just wanted a factory horn sound and stock look. They assured me It would behave exactly like I wanted it and well... It never did work right, the alarm would go off when I would remote start it and the proximity sensor never warned just alarmed. After about 2000 miles I'm driving down I-10 in Houston and a black box falls on my foot... When I had a moment I pulled over to figure out wth just fell out of the dash of my brand new truck 12k miles ( I bought the truck new with 14 miles on it).. it was the smart start module.. so I took a look under the dash and I almost died... It looked like a bomb went off under there. I wish I had taken a picture it literally looked like a child did the install.. so I took it back, he took it into the back and after 30 minutes drove it back around and said it was all done. I drove down the street, stopped, took a look under the dash, right back it went... I asked him to clean up the amateur install he did. He looked at me confused and said.. "if it works don't fix it" I nearly punched that dude. I left and will never go back.. I took it to another shop in the area and they told me I could get everything I wanted with just the smart start and for 200 they would pull it all out and clean everything up for me, well.. needless to say that didn't work at all.. now they needed it for the night and I could come get it the next day. They never got it working right either and had to put the alarm and dball2 back in just cost me 200 bucks..
So.. I'm more than frustrated at this point. I decide I'll just do it myself. I tore it all out bought longer wires to relocate all of the modules to under the console and cleaned it up nice, it looks like stock now under there.
The problem.
Dball2 won't work, it flashes red, green, yellow while key is off. It flashes red , green then yellow , red when key is on. I was told I only needed the can bus wires 4 total to the obd port and the brown wire to 12v. Didn't need any wires from the black plug or red plug. Then just needed the D2D cable plug it in press the button 5 times and that's it. Any thoughts? Also.. do I need all the pin plugs? The black one is Mia the shop kept it or threw it away.
As far as the alarm, I just need the pi k wire to the ignition, power, ground, horn correct?
As for smart start, just need power, ground. Then plug into alarm?
Thanks for your feedback.
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel.
spankiee 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2017 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spankiee
called viper technical support they said reflash dball and it will all work, And it did. So for anyone else looking for text notifications and full sensors on a factory remote start factory alarm.
Dball 4 cam wires and one +12v on blue plug, D2D and that's it..
5706v pink wire to ignition, +12v, ground, siren. Hook up sensors, Done.
Smart start +12v, ground, plug into alarm port, done.
After you get everything installed, power up the dball press the program button 5 times and it's done.
All of this can be bought on eBay for 120 bucks.. save yourself 1100 dollars ..
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic