the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 dodge dakota, Viper 5601

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dodgethis03 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2017 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
SO I am going to try and do a pictorial on the a alarm/remote start for a 2003 dodge Dakota with a viper 5601. I am also putting together a relay that keeps the radio on until a door opens. Found the relay one here https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram30.html I just need a little help with the door triggers. Can anyone help with this and the I could put together a pictorial. I have the dei 451m and my truck does not have an immobilizer.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here are some photos from a 2002 Dakota that should help with your project :
2003 dodge dakota, Viper 5601 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
dodgethis03 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
I know where all the wires are. I am having trouble with what resistors to put where, to make the door triggers work. Do you got any info on that?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You betcha. Please excuse me, I get confused easily.
No resistors are necessary for the Viper alarm system to monitor the door triggers. The door triggers are standard (-) N.O.
type signals. You can use 1N4001 diodes ( with the bands away from the Viper ) to combine the signals for input to the Viper and
provide isolation for the trucks circuits.
Resistors are necessary for the one-wire door lock system.   Use the Directed 451M module and follow the Type H wiring diagram.
Use the 820 ohm resistor for the Lock wire and the 330 ohm resistor for the unlock wire. These resistors are in the 451M kit.
Soldering is fun!
dodgethis03 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
SO, I got the alarm in and everything seems or seemed to work great. I found that I needed to get new remote (old one was worn out)so when I tried to pair the remotes, I noticed that the control panel/ led light button was not work when the car was in the on position but did work in the acc position and the remotes are not pairing. The only thing I could think of was when I installed it and remote started the truck the heater/ac would not turn on. So I spliced in the PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire) of the alarm to the second acc wire. Any help would be great.
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
2 relays and 2 resistors.
dodgethis03 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
I got that part done I used the dei 451m. I am just thinking I have the acc. wires mixed up. My black/ orange accessory wire doesn't run the ac/heat, so I used the pink/white wire on my alarm to the green accessory wire at my ignition. I was thinking I need to put the orange acc. wire on alarm to green wire on truck. Any thoughts?
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
You have 2 ignitions and 2 accessories on the vehicle that need to be powered along side 1 starter signal.
The heater blower itself is the DARK GREEN.
  • 1. Ignition 1 - Dark Blue
  • 2. Ignition 2 - Green/Red (typically only on the 4.7L engines)
  • 3. Accessory 1 - Black/Orange
  • 3. Accessory 2 - Dark Green
  • 3. Starter 1 - Blue/Yellow
dodgethis03 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
So, I need to splice the alarm acc. wire to both the black/orange and dr. green? The main problem I am finding is I cannot pair my new remotes because the control panel on the alarm will not turn on when the truck is in the on position but does when I turn the key back to the acc position.
dodgethis03 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodgethis03
Well everything seems to be fine. I got one of the remotes to pair. The control panel does work, I was just expecting a light to turn on. It does seem to only work when I open my passenger door not the drivers. Thank you for everyone's help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic