the12volt.com spacer
icon

RHD IS250 with Viper 4105V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chardc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chardc
Hey All,
Its been a very long time since I have done any postings here - I hope all is well.
I am trying to install the viper 4105v on my Lexus IS250 (2006) and I have all the wires connected, but the car fails to start.
The error received from the Viper 4105v diagnostics suggests its low voltage or rpm (3 Flashes) and I believe this is associated with the TACH signal.
I truly believe that this is the case, because the meter reads a little over 6V and I am using the wire from the OBD diagnostic connector.
Alternatively, I have the option of using the ignition or injector to obtain the TACH, but before I do so, can anyone suggest if there is something wrong other than what I have observed in all my test.
Wiring Info (www.S P A M.com)
2006 Lexus IS250 Remote Starter Wiring Diagram
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire (+): Orange (Vehicle Battery Positive Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- no orange wire ---> black wire instead and was found via (www.wirecolors.com) <--- 4105v H2/4 and H2/6
Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Light Green (Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- 4105v H2/1
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire (+): Pink (Vehicle Second Ignition Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- 4105v H2/5
Vehicle Accessory Wire (+): Light Green (Vehicle Accessory Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- 4105v H2/3
Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Black (Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- 4105v H2/2
Car Tachometer Wire (-): White Car (Tachometer Wire Location: At Vehicle Data Link Connector) <--- 4105v H3/2
Car Parking Lights Wire (+): Yellow (Car Parking Lights Wire Location: At Vehicle Fuse Box on Driver Side) <--- 4105v H1/9
Car Horn Wire (-): White (Car Horn Wire Location: In Harness at Steering Column) <--- 4105v H1/6
Car Ground: Chassis <--- 4105v H1/8
Other Notes
DEI 555X is partially wired, but not connected
4105v door lock and unlock are wired and functional
Regards,
ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chardc
Okay, I had one more check to do.
Car Tachometer Wire (-): White Car (Tachometer Wire Location: At Vehicle Data Link Connector) <--- 4105v H3/2
During an attempt to remotely start the car, the TACH reads moves from 0.001 to 0.028 on the multimeter.
If the car is started via the push-to-start button, the wire reads 6V.
Could this be a problem on the remote start itself?
Regards,
ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2017 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chardc
Problem solved!
Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Black (Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: At Power Source ECU Module Behind Glove Box) <--- 4105v H2/2
This is incorrect, the wire reads a constant 12V with the car off - I have no idea how I missed that yesterday. The correct wire for the starter is a light blue wire on the Power Source ECU Module (PIN 17) and the voltage was measured correctly moving from ACC (12v)-IGN(12v)-STR (12v only to start)
However, whilst I am able to start the car, the immobilizer (DEI 555x) bypass isn't fully setup and I must be in the car for it to start remotely.
I suspect this is due to key sense for the push-to-start / immobilizer.
Outside of the vehicle, the car is constantly cranking...but never starts.
ChardC

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic