the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start Accessory 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2017 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zerovandez
Hi everyone,
Vehicle
Chevrolet
Trailblazer LTZ 4x4
Bypass module
ADS-TBSL PL (iDatalink)
Remote Starter
Excalibur RS-160-EDP+
So I think I've got down most of the wires and where they go. Upon further research, it's said that I should wire in the Accessory 2 circuit as well. The Excalibur remote start unit does not have an Acc2 lead. What's the best approach to get one wired in? For the "Motor Unlock Wire" - do I really have to connect this to a wire in the door or should I be able to find this in the cabin somewhere?
Now for the bypass module, there are 2 connections (minus the data port) that requires connection. The only one in question here is the pink wire - should this connect to IG1 or IG2. The install manual only states "Ignition Input."
Thanks in advance for your help!
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2017 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
With that unit you can program pink with white output to performs as accessory out or use a relay to add another accessory . That will take care of accessory 2. The bypass pink wire connects to ignition 1.
bat9905
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2017 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zerovandez
Thanks. The pink w/white wire will already be routed to IG2. How should the relay be connected? I'm going to take a stab at it...
#86 to fused 12v (always on)
#85 to the ground out when running wire of the remote start
#30 to the second accessory wire in the vehicle
#87 to the fused side of the remote starter's main power wire.
#87a is not used.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic