the12volt.com spacer
icon

Toyota/Lexus Piezo Buzzer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr.longfellow 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2017 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mr.longfellow
I recently successfully installed a Compustar CM7000 unit into my 2000 Lexus ES300 with a blade cartridge for bypass.
https://techfeed.compustar.com/ft_controllers/manuals/CM7000_Full_Install_3.00_EN.pdf
Everything works perfectly fine, however I can't stand the chirp sound for door lock/unlock from the compustar siren, so I've muted it for now.
I have been trying to figure out how to utilize the Toyota/Lexus Piezo buzzer. The notification beep you receive with door lock and unlock when using the factory keyless entry remote.
From the very little information I have been able to gather online is that the piezo buzzer that Lexus and Toyota uses is more of a little speaker than a buzzer that can't be tapped into directly. So whatever it is that makes it sound off with the factory remote must come from the factory anti theft module.
I have been told by two different installers that the wires that need to be connected are inside the drivers door. I have removed the drivers door and tested the wires at the master switch panel and found two that are for lock and unlock.
I also found a connector that is mounted to the door skin and is not wired to the master door switch at all. I tested both of these wires and both goto ground while using the key inside the drivers door. So I assume these are the disarm and arm wires. From the wire guides I have found online some have no wire location for factory alarm, arm and disarm. While other guides say that the alarm will disarm and arm with door lock/unlock.
Have attempted to wire in the disarm and arm negative 250mA wire leads from Compustar to these wires in hopes I would receive the beeps from the piezo buzzer, but have fell short. I can confirm the piezo buzzer IS working because I still have a keyless entry key/remote.
Are there any techs on here that have successfully gotten this to work with any other aftermarket alarm?
Guess my last resort would be to use the piezo buzzer I've seen people use from RadioShack.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic