the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806v Starter Kill Relay Doesn’t Work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
honeywell35 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2017 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote honeywell35
Dear Community,
I have questions about Viper 5806v alarm system installation in 2012 Audi A4. First of all, I don’t need the remote start function, only the security system.
I ordered the 5806v, because in this kit the 2-way LED remote is already included (price question).
The system is installed in combo with DBALL2 module. DBALL2 is flashed for my A4.
All wires are connected; the 2-way LED remote is working well. I can lock/unlock my doors /arm disarm the security system using LED remote- means CAN BUS is working. The external sensors (the 506T and the Stinger shock sensor 504T are working).
My main question is about STARTER KILL function. For my understanding, as soon as alarm is triggered (eg shock sensor), the internal relay of the viper 5806v module (brain) should open, means deactivate the starter electrical circle. Car SHOULD NOT start.
But the starter kill relay don’t works. I tried following:
I sat in the car, armed the system. After few seconds the alarm is triggered. The starter kill should be active now, the car should NOT start. BUT, IF I put the OEM AUDI key to the ignition switch, the engine starts.
Next, I triggered the alarm and measured the voltage on the violet wire (car side of starter kill). If the alarm is triggered, the 12 V ARE STILL present.
What I am doing wrong?
The car is outside of US, means I can’t go to the pro installer, as no one here is working with Viper. My installer is actually good guy, but has no experience with Viper.
Here is the wiring diagram of Viper 5806v brain:
Main Harness, 6 pin connector:
1.     Red- 12V constant
2.     Black- ground
3.     3-siren output (+)
4, 5, 6- not used
Door Lock, 3 pin- NOT USED
Remote Start 10 pin heavy gauge connector:
1-     No connection
2-     red-black-      starter input- connected to the 12v constant
3-     pink-black-      not used
4-     pink-white-     not used
5-     Red-           12v constant
6-     Green-           key side of starter kill- to the red wire (cut) of starter relay, relay side
7-     Violett-      starter side, to the other end of the cut red wire.
8-     Orange-      ACC- not used
9-     red-white-      not used
10-     pink- ignition 1 input/output-      not used
(this is thick 2,5mm wire, on the dball2 as on the ignition switch I have only thin wires)
AUX/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24 pin connector: only 2 pins connected:
pin 16 (brown-black) –horn honk output
pin 13 (black-white)- parking brake input
Please have a look to the pictures. The ignition relay panel has 3 relays, which are ALL related to ignition and starter function. There are 2 small relays (646) and one big relay (645). For my understanding, the starter wire (wire, which supplies power to starter) is the red thick wire in the big 645 relay?
Probably I picked the wrong wire?
I would be thankful for competent help/comments. Wright now, the alarm system is not fully operational.
Viper 5806v Starter Kill Relay Doesn’t Work -- posted image.Viper 5806v Starter Kill Relay Doesn’t Work -- posted image.Viper 5806v Starter Kill Relay Doesn’t Work -- posted image.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2017 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I think you have the wrong wire. I checked 3 Audi's in the Vehicle Wiring section and they all show red/blk as the starter wire. (Personally, I have little hands-on experience with European cars, but you asked for "anyone"). In your pic, the red/blk is right next to the big red you are attached to now.
Cut the red/blk in two. You can also test the wire to see that it has 12volts ONLY in start before cutting it. It shouldn't crank. If it doesn't crank with the red/blk cut, move your green and purple wires, and splice the big red back together.
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2017 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Did you connect the gray/black ignition output from the DBALL2 to the 5806V ignition input/output (thick pink wire in the Viper 10-pin harness)?
You're mistaken about the way the starter kill relay works. The relay is not automatically opened when the alarm is triggered. Instead, the relay will open if the vehicle ignition is powered while the alarm is armed. That's why the ignition input/output is a required connection.
honeywell35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2017 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote honeywell35
Hi davep,
Thank you for the answer,
Sorry I was outside,
The thing is, the cable you mean is NOT red/black, but only black. It has 0 Volts if ignition is off, 12 V if ON, and 12 V also AFTER cranking, engine running. I tried to cut this black wire and to play with green/violet pair from viper brain. The car is still starting, if the alarm is triggered.
Another question: do I need to connect the thick red and thick red/black wire from remote starter (10 pin connector) the 12v constant? Actually the power supply for Viper module is a red wire from main 6 pin harness. So, if I don’t need the remote start, I don’t have to connect the thick red and thick red/black wire from remote starter 10 pin connector?
honeywell35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2017 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote honeywell35
Hi kaezoo,
Thank you for the very important point,
Yes sir, I connected the gray/black ignition output from the DBALL2 to the 5806V ignition input/output.
I have also other question concerning DBALL2 bypass module. The module should give after programming solid green LED, what means normal function. In fact, the module is giving me solid green for several seconds, and than just 2 short red flashes. What does it mean? Canbus connection is right.
enthalpy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2018 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote enthalpy
Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead but I didn't see much point in starting a new thread.
I'm currently in the same boat as (honeywell35) with the same viper 5806v alarm. I too don't care for remote start, just the immobilizer function of the alarm.
Currently the alarm arms/disarms and the doors lock/unlock as expected. However, even with the alarm screaming off it's head, the starter will crank.
Before anyone asks, I pinned out the starter trigger with a multimeter. When I disconnect the 10pin harness the starter will not crank, then I connect the 10pin it will crank at all times.
Current 10pin wiring:
H3-1                   NC
H3-2     red/black     NC
H3-3     pink/black    NC
H3-4     pink/white    NC
H3-5     red           NC
H3-6     green        Key side of starter trigger
H3-7     violet        Car side of starter trigger
H3-8     orange        NC
H3-9     red/white     NC     
H3-10    Pink          NC
I appreciate any help in advanced,
Ray
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2018 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The relays piggy back their power from the R/S inputs so you will need to hook up the RED first then test to see if kill works if not then hook up the RED/BLACK.
The relay control is (-)negative switched by the brain.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic