the12volt.com spacer
icon

External timer to trigger my compustar starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsldsl1980 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2017 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dsldsl1980
I would like to put my remote start on a timer so it automatically starts for me before i leave the office. Could i use something like the timer in the link below to trigger the positive input on my remote start?
FAVOLCANO CN101 DC 12V 16A Digital LCD Power Programmable Timer Time Switch Relay
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012FSL2GK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4HNezbDAT37RE
I'm thinking red pin 11 on connector 2
11102 West Dana Ln
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2017 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
won't work.. why not upgrade to a 2way? If you are within range you could start the car, or use the timer function on the remote..
dsldsl1980 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dsldsl1980
I have a 2 way but I park way to far away for it to work. Can you explain why it can't work?
11102 West Dana Ln
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Compustar doesn't have a "trigger" wire to enable remote start.. unless you can some how use that timer to send a data signal to the compustar brain it won't work.. your best bet would be to get a drone module. and use the app / pay the yearly fee.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
With your CS800-s, a positive pulse on the Red (+) Trigger Start wire will initiate a R/S. My only concern with the Timer unit you suggested is that the shortest pulse it can supply is one minute long. Never tried it with a pulse that long. Before spending the money on that unit, try it manually. Make a fused jumper ( 2 Amp fuse ), connect one end to +12V and connect the other end to that CS800-s Red wire for one minute to see what happens. It might start at the leading edge or the trailing edge. If it works to your satisfaction, go through with the purchase.
Soldering is fun!
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Sorry my bad, didn't know you had the CM800-s. I assumed you had a Cm7200, CM5200 or a CM6300
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
There are diagrams in the relay section on how to convert a latch to a pulse output. They might be helpful if 1 minute pulse length is too long.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2017 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
why not get a Drone Mobile installed and start it with your phone...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic