the12volt.com spacer
icon

Prolock Chip Wire Diagram, 2005 Nissan Armada

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdebee 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bdebee
Prolock Chip Wire Diagram, 2005 Nissan Armada - Last Post -- posted image.
My chick bought a 2005 Nissan Armada that came with a prolock chip. Like all other prolock chips it worked when it wanted to. She took her uncle to the VA hospital. While he was inside she fell asleep. When she woke up she found that he couldn't get the truck started so he disassembled the prolock chip messed it up completely. Leaving the truck broke down a hour and a half away from where we live. I figured I would be able to figure it out no problem. Needless to say we camped at the truck last night. It had 6 wires 4 were ground and 2 I assume went to the starter. I took it out and saw an orange wire that had been cut which the two wires from the prolock chip were connected to.There also was a light green wire that had been cut and then reconnected with a gray wire. I reconnected the orange wire thinking that would fix it, but when I tried starting it nothing happened. Can someone help me out please
B.Rudd
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
starter is brown on the armada.. reconnect it but the black wire coming out of the yellow butt connector, and attach it to the blue butt connector
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
starter is brown on the armada.. what happens when you try to start, no crank??
bdebee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bdebee
Yeah I saw it was brown upon further inspection. There's two yellow butt connectors which are connected to both sides of the brown wire and then the Blue butt connector is what I use to connect the black wires that was from the prolock chip. I have them connected, however it still won't crank. I can hear clicks now when trying to start where I couldn't b4
B.Rudd
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Sounds like battery is dead
bdebee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2017 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bdebee
I finally figured it out. After I took the whole dash apart thinking there was a relay or something there wasn't. Called a lock smith out to reprogram the key immobilizer, but it didn't need to be done. It was a relay that had been removed from the hood fuse compartment. I had just about given up when I put a relay in the empty space told my chick to try it and it cranked. Thank you for trying to help. I truly appreciate it and once again thank you.
B.Rudd
cartronic2u 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2020 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cartronic2u
Hi Have you had any more issues with the Armada ?
Or do you even still have it ?
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic